Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55

Thread: Warning - Do Not Eat At This Restaurant

  1. #16
    Ghost Writer Uncle Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    27,008

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went to the Indian Cottage, Shoreham High St with the missus on Saturday.
    Had the lamb chicken & prawn dupiaza (yes, it was all in one) and a bottle of the house white, followed by a Calypso coffee. All very pleasant.

    8.7
    It is rather a fine eatery.

    I was there on Friday, the chicken tikka kahdari was again fine.

    Also I got a Christmas Card from the owner (at Christmas).


    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        

       

  2. #17
    Who's Next? The Large One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    97.2FM
    Posts
    49,026

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Very polarised views there, MOG.

    I wonder if 'Sheena Parsons' has anything to do with the running of the place?
    The Albion Roar on Twitter
    I've started writing a blog. It's about cooking

    Brighton supporters are, as well all know, the gnarled, grizzly war veterans of protesting. - WSC Forum

  3. #18
    Super Keeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tea room, The Office, Slough
    Posts
    5,733

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    not that any of you would EVER decide to travel up this way for a Harvester but never go to the Dumbell in Taplow. We went while my other half was pregnant and firstly we were warned that there had been complaints over 2 dishes so not to order them. Then we had starters, those who had prawns fornd theywere still not defrosted. main course took 75 minutes to arrive and constsed of undercooked steak and the egg on my other halfs plate was barely cooked, we complained and didn't pay for the meal or drinks which for the group of 4 of us was around £100. There were other issues but can't be bothered to write them all
    Justgiving - REMF Fundraising Page
    The Albion team are collecting sponsorships

  4. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Brighton and Hove Border. Just orf The Drove in Brighton not Hove
    Posts
    20,350

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you fools will go in to these places which are designed to rip off cockerneys and non Brightonians in general ,you deserve everything you get quite honestly. Remember in life you get what you pay for, in future try either Terre a Terre , The Terraces, The Strand or if in Hove, Los Amigos
    I don't care what you say to me. The whole first season at The Amex, I went to all Gus Poyet's pre match press conferences. I asked the great man what I wanted , when I wanted. It's something money can't buy.

    !!

  5. #20
    Tripping
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hastings
    Posts
    3,374

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Avoid the Star inn in Normans Bay - especially the house speciality, Pooh pooh in wee wee sauce and thinny sliced scabby dogs arse - disgusting
    If Adolf Hitler flew in today they would send a limousine anyway

  6. #21
    Registered User Man of Harveys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas, USA
    Posts
    17,562

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hove born&bred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    in future try...The Terraces
    Rubbish, I sat and waited 50 minutes for some poxy chicken dish over the summer before telling them to (wait for it) stuff it...it was only then (and once we'd had two glasses of wine) that the dimwitted little waitress told me food had been taking "ages" that day.

    Brighton restaurant service is pony, fact.
    Originally posted by Trufflehound
    The Englishman says: "Just wash your hands after you've finished jacking off that greyhound please. We're hungry."

  7. #22
    I'm a Paul Heyman guy Trojan Scald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stankville
    Posts
    3,461

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    To be fair the service in this country is a shambles and as much as some of you may not like the americans (I personally don't have a prob with em) they know
    what good service is about, obviously I understand that they expect their 10% tip at the end of the meal/drink etc, but hey they generally deserve it!
    Currently listening to: Tame Impala, Pond, Father John Misty, The Black Angels, Matthew E White, Mondo Drag, The Flying Eyes, Moon Duo, Band of Horses, Cage The Elephant, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Kadavar, Phoenix, Phosphorescent.

  8. #23
    something clever
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Not Luton! Thank God
    Posts
    4,383

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Scold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair the service in this country is a shambles and as much as some of you may not like the americans (I personally don't have a prob with em) they know
    what good service is about, obviously I understand that they expect their 10% tip at the end of the meal/drink etc, but hey they generally deserve it!
    10% tip? If you leave less than 15% in America they run you out of town.
    NSC Decathlon Gold Medalist

  9. #24
    I'm a Paul Heyman guy Trojan Scald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stankville
    Posts
    3,461

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Twas 10% when I was in Austin 4 odd years ago!
    Currently listening to: Tame Impala, Pond, Father John Misty, The Black Angels, Matthew E White, Mondo Drag, The Flying Eyes, Moon Duo, Band of Horses, Cage The Elephant, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Kadavar, Phoenix, Phosphorescent.

  10. #25
    Registered User Man of Harveys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas, USA
    Posts
    17,562

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Agree entirely about the US - shame their food is a bit crap. The service at restaurants in France is generally excellent too - it's because waiters there treat their job as a profession; it's not one being done for one month by doppy 18 year olds who've received no training.
    Originally posted by Trufflehound
    The Englishman says: "Just wash your hands after you've finished jacking off that greyhound please. We're hungry."

  11. #26
    Registered User fosters headband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    3,746

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    We should turn this into a good restraurant guide.

    I like The Thatch in Hassocks and there is a new italian opened in Patcham called Lauro, which does not yet have a licence so you can take your own alcohol. If you prefer there is a Threshers a couple of shops away so you can nip in there and get what you want. The food is not cheap but when you supply your own drink it does make the bill cheaper

  12. #27
    Boooooing them off
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    35,915

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Harveys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Brighton restaurant service is pony, fact.

    Not all.

    English's service is excellent ( trouble is you can only afford to eat there once a blue moon). The Mexicxan place next to the Theater Royal is excellent as is Al Duomo's. In Hove, Orsino's is probably my favourite.

    Although in Sussex, you have to go a long way to beat the Royal Oak in Poynings
    " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
    The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

  13. #28
    A. Virgo, Football Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,049

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Following on from Buzzer's suggestion :-

    http://www.brighton-eating.com/12219.htm

    Seems like you are not the first to feel that way.
    funny how all the positve reviews make great compliments of the music. sounds like if you want to have a meal slightly more upmarket than a Yates, more interested in getting bladdered and staying there for the whole evening, so dont care about how long service takes, then maybe its a good place.

    on the other hand, the positive review are blatant plants too, so its probably shit for that as well.
    Last edited by beorhthelm; 05-02-2008 at 15:22.
    Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

  14. #29
    Banned NMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Walk-in fridge loaded with hot blondes - Stockholm. aaahhh!
    Posts
    29,649

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I have a flyer for 'The Brasserie', advertising their Sunday Roasts.

    I'll throw it away, thanks for the heads-up.

  15. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    4,506

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Dicky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to say, if the biggest mistake you have ever made is eating in a bad restaurant, the you have had a charmed life. You shouldn't have paid the bill if it was that bad - just leave your name and address.
    And or paid for the wine only....

    I had a Christmas party there with my old firm, our accountant fell asleep waiting for the food.

    Never eat in a place that turns into a night club in the evening!!
    Dont get all lemon you spekky four eyed mug.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •