Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Crazy Golf Open - REMF charity event 22nd July

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
'evening NSC,

I've run this by US (REMF) and Bozza (for posting on the forum) and would like to invite any keen NSC Crazy Golfers for a charity tournament with all proceeds going to the REMF.

The details are

When: Thursday 22nd July 7pm start

Where: Splash Point Mini Golf, Worthing Seafront.

Format: £10 entry providing unlimited practice on the 15th and two rounds of Crazy Golf competition in the evening. All entry fees to go to the REMF

With 18 holes and groups of three, the competition can accomodate a maximum of 54 players.

If we start promptly at 7pm, this gives enough time for 2 frantic rounds of Crazy Golf action and enough time to go into Worthing for a drink afterwards and commiserate about missed 2nd shots. It'll all be quite low-key with the emphasis on a bit of fun.

We're still fiddling about with the course (making it look better) and adding content to our website but heres an overview of the holes: Splash Point Mini Golf - the course we'll add some notes for each soon.

The course record is 30 at the moment. Will a NSC'er shatter it?

Anyway, hopefully this will provide a good field. Feel free to pm me or use this thread to let us know if you'd like to be entered.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Can't make this, as on holiday. But just wanted to say it's looking great!
Remember you posting some pictures of when you had just started work (I think?)
Will definitely pop along and have a game or two at some point.
Well done, and hope it's a success.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Can't make the compy, but well done on the course, will definitely swing by with the family over the summer.
On a different tack, did you know that the Football Ramble had Stoichkov as their profile this week? Very entertaining.
Happy putting...

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
"bounce"

I posted this here as things drop off the big board quickly:

NSC Crazy Golf Open - REMF charity event - North Stand Chat

Thursday evening, July 15th - 2 rounds, £10 entry with all proceeds to the REMF. Entry gives you unlimited play on the 15th. Putters and balls of course provided

The course record is now 29, sadly not posted by me but anything under 40 is a good score

4708795925_6600f50508.jpg

Post on either thread or send me a pm if you fancy taking part

hopefully see a few of you there!

cheers

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
'evening all

This has sunk without trace unfortunately - any chance of one of the mods making it a sticky please for a few days?

I'd still like to do this so let me know if you fancy a couple of rounds of summer Crazy Golf in aid of the REMF.

There's plenty of 'big' golfers on NSC - hopefully a few of them might show up to test their skill over the humps and bumps and though the pipes.

:thumbsup:

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
I'd love to but out of all the days in July, the 15th is the one i can't make! lol :mad:

I'd be up for this depending on work or finances! Not a golfer but trips to Littlehampton's crazy golf course (the one nearest to swinmming centre) over the years should mean I would have a good time!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I don't suppose there's any chance of bringing this forward a week or two is there??:angel:
As the 15th is day that I can't make either, but would love to have a go otherwise :kiss:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It seems 22/7 is a better date. Can this be changed as at the moment it looks like its just me going ?.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
It seems 22/7 is a better date. Can this be changed as at the moment it looks like its just me going ?.

Yep, it can be changed no problem so if the 22nd July is a better date lets move it to them.

Any chance of a friendly mod changing the date in the first post? I don't think I'm able to?

The course had its first competition this weekend featuring the British Masters Champion, a 6-times World Crazy Golf Champ and a 2-times World Crazy Golf Champion among the competitors. They thought the course offered a tough challenge and none of them threatened the course record of 29.

So, we'll still go for the same start time of 7pm

It'll be great to see a few of you down there...

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Yep, it can be changed no problem so if the 22nd July is a better date lets move it to them.

Any chance of a friendly mod changing the date in the first post? I don't think I'm able to?

The course had its first competition this weekend featuring the British Masters Champion, a 6-times World Crazy Golf Champ and a 2-times World Crazy Golf Champion among the competitors. They thought the course offered a tough challenge and none of them threatened the course record of 29.

So, we'll still go for the same start time of 7pm

It'll be great to see a few of you down there...

Done, also put the 22nd July on the title of the thread, good luck and well done for organising it, I'm sure it will raise a good few quid for such a deserving cause.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can people post here if they are definately coming on 22/7 as it seems there are 2 people at best. This is a kind gesture but we need 10 to make it worthwhile really. Alternatively we can put the date back. Please advise asap.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Well, without wanting to spark a potential binfest, judging by the distinct lack of names put down for this (zero!), I'm proposing to cancel it?

If anyone's got any objections to this and wants it to go ahead, I'll sort it out.

If not, thanks to Bozza and the Mods for sticky'ing this and I'll try again next summer.

Maybe if I sort a Windmill out it might tempt a few more Crazy Golfers out:thumbsup:

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Ok, just for the avoidance of doubt, I haven't had any last minute pleas not to pull this so for the avoidance of any doubt, this is cancelled tomorrow

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Ok, just for the avoidance of doubt, I haven't had any last minute pleas not to pull this so for the avoidance of any doubt, this is cancelled tomorrow

It is a shame, personally I think some of these events that are arranged on "School Nights" making it less favourable / easy for many to attend, dont get me wrong, I appreciate it is difficult to arrange events on saturdays etc, but i suppose when it is a mid week night the event is then aimed at the very local people, which quite obviously trims it down a bit.

Nice one for trying though Stoichkov :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here