Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This man is an utter...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
...GENIUS!

Yet another spell binding a captivating series (Life in Cold Blood) from the most talented of all naturalists and energising presenters. If I could shake the hand and share a drink with any 'celebrity', this man would be first on the list by a country mile.

I give you....

Sir David Attenborough.

davidattenborough.jpg

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:bowdown: LEGEND!

Although i'm boycotting this series currently.

Not that i'm a snob but after watching Planet Earth in HD, mere terrestrial tv doesn't quite do the BBC nature programmes justice.

I will await it's showing on BBC HD :)

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
very true. i'm still enjoying Planet Earth on BluRay...stunning. had to wait to get the BBC version on dvd because, over here, they had sigourney weaver narrating it. i shit you not.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
very true. i'm still enjoying Planet Earth on BluRay...stunning. had to wait to get the BBC version on dvd because, over here, they had sigourney weaver narrating it. i shit you not.

:eek::eek:

Where is 'over here?'

I purchased my blu ray from Amazon in the USA back last July and thankfully David Attenborough was the narrator. :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
us and a.

they showed it on the discovery channel. i was so excited as i'd heard a lot about the show. imagine how crushed i was when i heard her voice. i watched it for about 10 minutes thinking it was some kind of joke...

Blimey!

I remember before I ordered mine that a lot of forums over there were saying she was narrating and that they wanted David Attenborough.

I ordered anyway, thinking that I would re-purchase when the BBC released it over here ( 6 months later!)

Anyway, when it turned up it had Davids voice, boy, was I relieved!

Guess they only made so many with her as narrator!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
us and a.

they showed it on the discovery channel. i was so excited as i'd heard a lot about the show. imagine how crushed i was when i heard her voice. i watched it for about 10 minutes thinking it was some kind of joke...

Jesus H. Christ. What on earth were they thinking? His dulcet tones are an essential part of the whole package and they replace him with some two-bit hollywood tramp who has more experience prancing about with paper mache aliens than some of the worlds finest creatures. My opinion of the US of A has been lowered even further :nono:

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Jesus H. Christ. What on earth were they thinking? His dulcet tones are an essential part of the whole package and they replace him with some two-bit hollywood tramp who has more experience prancing about with paper mache aliens than some of the worlds finest creatures. My opinion of the US of A has been lowered even further :nono:

oh come on now, BoF. it's not all bad, you know. the people i know are actually quite alright. normal, even.

and, don't forget, the likes of you and I grew up with Sir David. the average non-PBS watching american probably doesn't even know who he is.

of course, the government and the "media" are a different story entirely...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
oh come on now, BoF. it's not all bad, you know. the people i know are actually quite alright. normal, even.

of course, the government and the "media" are a different story entirely...

Agreed with the media and government. I want to dislike the Americans, but I don't think I have met a single bad American. I met quite a few on my gap year in South America and they were way ahead of the other nations that travel on the friendly stakes. In fact, I lived with three Americans in the Cloudforest for five months and they were great fun. Love the British sense of humour seemingly and certainly the accent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here