Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Taylor Referee

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I think the campaign to give refs more respect is a good thing. The problem is that bad referees are often kept on the list. I first noticed this bloke 17 years ago and I can't remember a single game where he hasn't made a number of very bad decisions.
Sadly Paul Taylor is still a ref and still being conned by cheats like Nathan Jones.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's all very well the FA giving it the large one about Respect, but if they're too weak to actually enforce it, there's no point whatsoever.

John Terry was sent off at the weekend and- whether you agreed with the decision or not- did he just accept it and walk off? No, he, Lampard and others stood there arguing with the referee. I saw a number of penalty awards at the weekend too, which players contested as much as they've always done. None of these players will be punished.

For Gods sake, Football Association, GET SOME NUTS.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i can remember wilkins having a list of things against taylor dating back to when he was a player

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It's all very well the FA giving it the large one about Respect, but if they're too weak to actually enforce it, there's no point whatsoever.

John Terry was sent off at the weekend and- whether you agreed with the decision or not- did he just accept it and walk off? No, he, Lampard and others stood there arguing with the referee. I saw a number of penalty awards at the weekend too, which players contested as much as they've always done. None of these players will be punished.

For Gods sake, Football Association, GET SOME NUTS.

I agree, they need the same ethos that there is in rugby. The captain and the captain only may ASK (not shout at / argue with) the ref for the reasons behind a decision. The ref explains, the game moves on. Anyone else tries to get involved, the ref warns them, it happens again he sin bins them.

Would soon solve the problems. But like you said the FA have no balls and will not introduce it, or even punish people for not following the guidance that they have introduced.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
I think the campaign to give refs more respect is a good thing. The problem is that bad referees are often kept on the list. I first noticed this bloke 17 years ago and I can't remember a single game where he hasn't made a number of very bad decisions.
Sadly Paul Taylor is still a ref and still being conned by cheats like Nathan Jones.

Paul Taylor...Reading away ....sent off Elphick and gave them a homer pen.....:rant:

also remember him having a dreadful game at Withdean recently..:nono:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
A rather chequered past!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Taylor_(referee)

Seems he was deemed not good enough, but managed to fight his way back in. Certainly not good enough for the darling Premiership, so we are left with the misfits.

Link didn't work BoF? Hopefully this one does.

That bloke is a right twat and as you say Mona, doesn't help try and bring the the respect camapaign

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here