Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Falmer bound....."

Do you wish to hear the phrase "Falmer bound..." as the Seagulls run out at Withdean

• Yes, I love it

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • No, it really hacks me off

Votes: 66 75.0%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Am I the only one that cringes everytime Paul Samrah introduces the teams with "and our very own, Falmer bound, Brighton and Hove Albion....

It was okay for the match after the euphoria of getting the yes decision but please put a sock in it. Its nearly three years away and we need to focus on the now me thinks. Someone have a word with him, PLEASE!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep. It's so cringe-worthy.

And immediately puts in mind how f***ing far off it is. Hardly what you need to be reminded of as you are trying to raise a great atmosphere for the players. Can someone persuade him to stop?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yeah, one of those minor things that really pisses me off!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If I knew how to post a poll I would to show Paul how bloody ridiculous and annoying this is!! Just stop it, NOW!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can someone persuade him to stop?

If I can get my AK47 and sniper scope past the stewards at the gate, consider it done.

Actually the woods behind the south stand will be ideal cover, before all the leaves dissapear!

I will not be able to stand him saying it for THREE MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If I can get my AK47 and sniper scope past the stewards at the gate, consider it done.

Actually the woods behind the south stand will be ideal cover, before all the leaves dissapear!

I will not be able to stand him saying it for THREE MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!

I am in the North Stand so I may go and hover near him at the next home game with some eggs or as you say a gun. The ten years in prison for murder might be better than hearing it for another three years!!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Almost as embarrassing as singing songs to Doug Loft while he warms up isnt it?

Can't say i've ever witnessed that happen, but even if it did, warming up is not something that is going to be particularly distracted by a few supporters.

Getting players to wave at you (god knows what that achieves) when they are about to take a corner is plain daft!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Poll now posted, please vote in your thousands.

Paul, please note, other than this you're doing a great job so don't take it personally, its just its really bloody irritating now that we are still a long time away from Falmer. The first time you said it after getting the yes it was great, the fiftieth time is starting to grind, and if we hear it every match for nearly three years I swear I can not be held responsible for my actions.

Permission to start saying it again when the stadium is built and we have just a handful of games left at Withdean. :thumbsup:

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Can't say i've ever witnessed that happen, but even if it did, warming up is not something that is going to be particularly distracted by a few supporters.

Getting players to wave at you (god knows what that achieves) when they are about to take a corner is plain daft!

Doesnt deny the fact it is embarrasing and cringeworthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here