Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Roman Party. Ave! LOL!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
More like one bloke called Jean-Louis Pascual. Hasn''t even got a website. Anyone know what he stands for?

What did the Romans ever do for us anyway...

The Roman Party (Ave) is Reading's own Jean-Louis Pascal. He usually stands for Council elections in Abbey Ward and he is described as "a thoroughly nice bloke". This is his manifesto from the 2007 local elections:

ABBEY-WARD THURDAY 3 MAY

MMVII VOTE ROMAN PARTY 2007

In my first election of Reading on BBC Berkshire I suggested we should consider moving British jail to other Eastern European countries to run at less costs for the British tax payers we could seek permission of Vladimir Putin President of Russia. the reason for this is most British jails are run like hotels and sanctuaries. They are able to gain degrees without paying funds out of this type of education, yet we have school leavers and their families paying a substantial amount of money and also finding them selves in debt. This is some thing I feel need to be changed. We also supply them with cigarettes, newspapers etc.

-As For young offenders who disturb the community and rebels that break windows, create fire, and delinquents will be sent for 6 months in military for discipline and respect and learn how to live in society. I will use the military territorial barracks of Oxford Road in reading. We could approach the Ministry Defence and local authorities for disused sites.

The money we save on jail overseas will be used for NHS and to care about elderly people who want to stay in their home and to have the same care than in hospital until a critical level of sickness. These are strong factor that need to be looked at by the government and local councils.

To put down the deficit of NHS we have to create an health option and also eliminate the salt in any food on the supermarkets in the process food.

Last summer there was a water restriction because we had a shortage of water in the reservoirs due to a lack of investments because we need a larger water systems rather than profit going to big fat cat. We must use this formula for the shortage of houses to let our children to gain access onto the properties ladder. So vote a law against 'gazumping'. Put the first buyer a priority to buy a house and decline any investors gaining more than three properties. I understand we all need to make a living. Not this 50/50 share home. But a low set price to those seriously first time buyers. All that until the house market takes a normal graphic of demand and quantity.

When a political leader leaves his position, he should leave copies of up to date accounts of all expenses occurred and how much debts he left to the country. Those things should be published in the local newspapers.

No politician should have access to pension funds to pay for any taxation or reduce the pension fund of the citizens of this country.

All Military Personnel must be bought back to our Home Land because its not in the interest of this country to be Involved.

In the 2008 election for Reading council, he got 33 votes in Abbey ward (1.8 per cent of the total) and came a rather poor last, behind Labour, Conservatives, Liberal Democrats and the Green Party.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here