Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kick off time

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's 3pm, so Kuipers socks aside why the hell does every refereee bring the teams out so close to 3pm?? Today they came out at 2.59pm and this is not uncommon. Sort it out please.

Games are regularly ending near to 5pm now because the same thing happens at the start of the 2nd half

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Explains why whenever the goals/scores come through on GSS or videprinter they tend to be 5 mins behind all the other English games and leaves us fans at home sweating it out when the classified results are announced.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Kuipers' time keeping at both the start and end of the game was a bit off, wasn't it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's been going on for years now, but last season it got ridiculous and has continued this year. It's not a problem for me personally but I know one old guy who has to leave ten minutes early every game because of train connections he needs to catch etc.

It does seem daft that all it needs is someone to make sure the ref comes out with a good five minutes in hand, and then stick to the right time for half time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Part of todays delay was due to Kuipers changing his socks and I guess you can accept that some pedantic ref can cause this, but frankly it is every match without any reason. It's crazy that no one has sorted this out yet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was it his socks he was changing? I thought they announced he was changing his studs. Or maybe my mind just rejected the socks thing as being too far-fetched.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was it his socks he was changing? I thought they announced he was changing his studs. Or maybe my mind just rejected the socks thing as being too far-fetched.

Definitely socks. My guess is that the ref objected to the fact that he was wearing dark socks which could have clashed with Wycombe's? He usually does wear dark socks, different to the rest of the team.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It wont do at Falmer, if they have to send away an empty train at 5pm. It could cause chaos.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
sleepless night tonight eh doug :yawn:

Why are all your contributions to NSC such a waste of time, I was really dissapointed to see that you had to make a stupid comment on a thread that is passing on everyones thoughts and condolances to someone who has died.

And i have removed your post from that thread, just in case your unaware, your not funny at all.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I cannot remember when the last Saturday Withdean game actually kicked off on time at 15:00hrs, we seem to get later and later with the KOs

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I asked a question on Ask the club last season about this and the answer was it's the ref's fault. But the refs change and the ground doesn't so surely it must have something to do with the club. It can't be coincidence that we are the last to finish our match every Saturday.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
They can cut out all that 'respect' bollocks before kick off too. Adds a good 5 mins with the walk out and handshake crap.

If ever there was a non event in football that was it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They can cut out all that 'respect' bollocks before kick off too. Adds a good 5 mins with the walk out and handshake crap.

If ever there was a non event in football that was it.

Well that has just added to the problem that was already there before.

I think part of the issue is that when the teams come out the following things happen:

Sussex By The Sea
Coin Tossing (common at all grounds)
Mascots pictures (common to most)
The handshake thing (but thats common to all grounds
They read the teamsheet out which seems to take forever (not done at this time in most grounds)

As a result most referees perhaps feel they have to wait for GOSBTS to finish and then the teamsheets to be read out before kick off.

Obviously we don't want to lose either of these (the handshake thing should go across the board in my opinion), but perhaps the club should be making the refs aware what they do each match, and then perhaps refs would plan better. Coming out at 2.59pm when you have at least five minutes of possible delay is nonsense.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wonder if it is as simple as not having a clock in the refs changing rooms!! or the one that is in there is a Martin Perry special, with built in delays (sorry couldn't resist!)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Why are all your contributions to NSC such a waste of time, I was really dissapointed to see that you had to make a stupid comment on a thread that is passing on everyones thoughts and condolances to someone who has died.

And i have removed your post from that thread, just in case your unaware, your not funny at all.

Well done for removing his post.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here