Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Typical underhand tactics by Labour at the Albion

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Truly, it was a disgrace, especially as it rode on the back of the achievements of Albion in the Community.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
you mean our great and glorious government lie and print untruthful things

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Leaflet Gate. :tantrum:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Disgraceful. They could of used far more honest tactics such as spreading scare stories about immigrants, blaming volcanic eruptions on people and pretending to have met black sailors in Plymouth

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
But to be fair if they have quoted a statement that has been made publicly previously then they don't need his permission.

I didn't see the leaflet (as I suspect many of the outraged people on this thread didn't either) so cannot comment on the detail but as long as they've not created a special quote from him, or used something said in private as public or indeed havn't claimed responsibility for things they havn't done then they are entitled to do this. If they state that a labour administration (be it council or government) have taken steps to support community initiatives or the club's plans then they are entitled to do so.

Don't forget Paul Elgood (Lib Dem) showing himself holding the Div 3 championship trophy to demonstrate his support for the Albion in his leaflets previously! Or indeed Judith Symes (Conservative) saying how she would support a new home for the Albion (but not saying where she would have it - as long as it wasn't in her prospective constituency it turned out following some lengthy questioning).

There is some unarguable facts and they are:

- that a labour government were in power when the Albion got their stadium
- that a labour controlled authority gave planning permission for both Withdean and Falmer (despite a the only votes against both applications being from Tory members - 4 objected to withdean and 1 to Falmer).

I dont blame them for linking the two things - its called tapping into the cultural g spot of voters.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
For those who missed the crazy propaganda....

Attachments

• page1.jpg
    page1.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 307
  • page2.jpg
    page2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 304

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the point is that I doubt the club want to be seen to be supporting one party more than any other. It just isn't something they would want to do. The leaflet is effectively claiming that they are BHA's approved party so come on Albion fans vote for us. No thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here