Liam Dickinson to Scunthorpe

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
This is the second reference I have had to this story in the last couple of days. Think the other was in the Daily Mirror.

'SCUNTHORPE United are ready to pay Brighton £150,000 for striker Liam Dickinson - despite snapping up Accrington’s Bobby Grant this week.'

The Rumour Mill - May 27 From Lancashire Telegraph)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He'll do well but Gus appears to hate him and he does seem quite hyper in his free time, so probably best he moves on. I quite liked him and saw some potential. I have no job offers from League One or Two sides yet though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
His career stats are good (averages a goal every other start, averages one in every three appearances), he hasn't managed to reach those heights with Brighton. Some would say we never played to his strengths, we see a tall guy and try to play to his head, which we all know isn't what he excels at.

Could Gus get more from him, get the best out of him? I think he could. But is it worth the effort? A lot of fans don't take to him, he's been loaned out, might be a party boy (or a good samaritan in the wrong place at the wrong time depending on who you believe), maybe it would be best for all involved for him to move on.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Quite amusing that in the past 2 years his transfer value has dropped 600k:lol:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I got the impression that he became quickly disillusioned with the quality of the training under Booker and White. he seemed enthusiastic and hard working to begin with. There were several glares and insults directed back at the bench at times it seemed. I think like some of the others when Poyet took over, he was playing catch-up in terms of convincing the manager of his dedication. Would have liked to see Poyet give him a fresh start but not to be i guess.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rubbish in the air, rubbish at his feet. How exactly DO you play to Dickinson's strengths?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Don't sell him Gus, he will go elsewhere and score lots of goals!

Keep him here and make him work hard until he understands what your doing here then when he feels apart of it he will score for fun

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I take it they have giving up on McNulty then.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Still think there is a good player in there, has scored goals at championship level just needs the team to play to his strengths and not play hoof ball as we were doing early season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rubbish in the air, rubbish at his feet. How exactly DO you play to Dickinson's strengths?

Not a bad scoring record at a higher level than we are at for someone who is so shit though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's not really amusing at all when you consider what we paid for him!

I heard a rumour recently that the 300k figure that we are supposed to have paid for him is all based on appearances, goals scored other clauses etc and we have only paid about 100k for him so far. Also he is supposedly on 4k a week. No idea how true any of this is :shrug:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I heard a rumour recently that the 300k figure that we are supposed to have paid for him is all based on appearances, goals scored other clauses etc and we have only paid about 100k for him so far. Also he is supposedly on 4k a week. No idea how true any of this is :shrug:

If this is true, I'm sure there'll be some sort of sell on clause too. At £150k we might just break even if we're lucky.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill

Was it ever confirmed that it was 300k? Pretty sure the club have maintained it was 'undisclosed', and I swear someone on here not too long ago was claiming it was in the region of 600k, hence why Bloom went mental when THAT picture was published in The Sun. May not be the case however.

Even so, I still to this day have absolutely no idea how someone paid over a million for him, although I suspect whoever did is no longer in the football industry!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports