Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are YOU falling out of love with Roberto De Zerbi?

Are YOU falling out of love with Roberto De Zerbi?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don’t but we have had many injuries revealed before a game when the injured players did not appear to have a problem in the previous game. I admit to guessing though. Do you know better?
So you admit to guessing but than ask someone to guess better than you, how does that work?
The simple fact is that anyone who knows how the injuries incurred or why should not be releasing that information to the public or risk losing their job. Anything else is a guessing game when it comes to injuries during training

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Second half of the season

1714167373362.png

Food for thought for the summer. Although injuries haven't helped matters. Second lowest scorers in the league :oops:

I still love him, and I really cannot see him going anywhere, he needs to learn how to be pragmatic and offer solutions against differing opposition and on the pitch scenarios. If he continues to be this stubborn, he won't go anywhere in management and would be known as a one trick pony.

He has frustrated immensely at times this season, last night being one of those times with Steele in goal. But recent comments from him suggests he is fully committed here after realising it's him as well as the the injuries, as to why we've fallen slightly.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

View attachment 181385

Food for thought for the summer. Although injuries haven't helped matters. Second lowest scorers in the league :oops:
That's so poor - especially stark just how much the goals have dried up. We've gone from one extreme to the other! Lots of teams have had big injury problems too, not just us. I'm just not convinced that RDZ is quite all that. In the cold light of day he's a one-trick pony so far: been found out plus had injuries in key position but has refused to adapt. If (and obviously its a big if) he's still with us next season it'll be very intriguing to see if he can turn our form around again- he surely has to learn not to be quite so stubborn though. Even the very best teams adapt, e.g. Arsenal at City the other week

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

View attachment 181385

Only a problem if we were promised attacking, 'we' ll score on more than you' football.

I am starting to wonder if something more serious that poor recruiting and heavy injuries has happened at the club.

Roll on the end of the season so the powers that be can sort this shit out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's so poor - especially stark just how much the goals have dried up. We've gone from one extreme to the other! Lots of teams have had big injury problems too, not just us. I'm just not convinced that RDZ is quite all that. In the cold light of day he's a one-trick pony so far: been found out plus had injuries in key position but has refused to adapt. If (and obviously its a big if) he's still with us next season it'll be very intriguing to see if he can turn our form around again- he surely has to learn not to be quite so stubborn though. Even the very best teams adapt, e.g. Arsenal at City the other week

A tricky one to assess.

If O’Neil, Silva or Iraola had been parachuted in, in January. How would they’ve fared with our decrepit, inadequate, out of form centre midfield and full backs?

Which full back has been quality this season, just one, Hinshelwood for a fleeting few games.

The summer 23 transfer window failed to deal with obvious deficiencies pointed out by lots of nsc’ers in real time.

If RDZ had adapted to a Moyes/Dyche low block, we don’t have the CM powerhouses to protect the back line en masse. Whilst with the injuries to our forwards, did we have the pace to exploit the counter?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Are you going?

I'm down to be staring into the middle distance. Important work. ???

:wink:
I am abroad but I went above and beyond on Thursday having just arrived. Took me FIVE hours to sort out the internet starting in the morning due to being given a faulty internet flybox which I’d tried to get to work for two hours. Sim not working turned out to be the problem and had to drive 45 mins to the suppliers shop and then wait half an hour whilst they flaffed about and then drive back to where I’m staying. Bloody thing still didn’t work and spent over an hour talking to a technician who eventually fixed the problem. Then I turned on to watch us get a footballing lesson and a ref who had decided he needed to help City embarrass us, along with RDZ’s tactics which were found out by City sharpish :angry:

In answer to your question, no but I will be watching expectantly for us to at least take the lead in a game, winning I know is a tall order away to the South Coasts top team :wink:

Back to watching Brighton struggle in games which they have done for probably 75% of my time watching them, so normal service has been renewed after a fabulous 20 months.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only a problem if we were promised attacking, 'we' ll score on more than you' football.

I am starting to wonder if something more serious that poor recruiting and heavy injuries has happened at the club.

The first time I thought something was off was when he couldn't get back from the 'dentist' in time to be present at the game he had a touchline ban (Spurs away ? ).

In my mind pretty much everything that's swirled around him since has been the equivalent of throwing petrol on embers that could easily be stamped out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It’s easier to manage when things are going well, everyone believes in the manager, everyone pulls in the same direction, players believe and talk highly of the boss and motivation isn’t a problem. It’s not so easy when the going is tough. RDZ came in on a high and carried this further, to a degree the team was probably self-managing. This season has been harder, but we seem to have fizzled out performance and attitude wise since Roma. What worries me is how some key and usually reliable players like Dunk, Gross and especially Veltman seem rather flat. I wonder if we’re now witnessing a gap in RDZ’s man management skills and/or an issue with his character? He does seem to fall out with people rather often. Maybe they’re just tired? It just seems a rather sad end to a historic season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It’s easier to manage when things are going well, everyone believes in the manager, everyone pulls in the same direction, players believe and talk highly of the boss and motivation isn’t a problem. It’s not so easy when the going is tough. RDZ came in on a high and carried this further, to a degree the team was probably self-managing. This season has been harder, but we seem to have fizzled out performance and attitude wise since Roma. What worries me is how some key and usually reliable players like Dunk, Gross and especially Veltman seem rather flat. I wonder if we’re now witnessing a gap in RDZ’s man management skills and/or an issue with his character? He does seem to fall out with people rather often. Maybe they’re just tired? It just seems a rather sad end to a historic season.
Interesting that the three players you highlight are all 32 years old. Reckon, like you suggest, they've just run out of steam at the arse end of a demanding season

boik

So you admit to guessing but than ask someone to guess better than you, how does that work?
The simple fact is that anyone who knows how the injuries incurred or why should not be releasing that information to the public or risk losing their job. Anything else is a guessing game when it comes to injuries during training
If it is the case then it's just the law of averages. They spend 100 minutes in a match, and hours and hours on the training ground.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am abroad but I went above and beyond on Thursday having just arrived. Took me FIVE hours to sort out the internet starting in the morning due to being given a faulty internet flybox which I’d tried to get to work for two hours. Sim not working turned out to be the problem and had to drive 45 mins to the suppliers shop and then wait half an hour whilst they flaffed about and then drive back to where I’m staying. Bloody thing still didn’t work and spent over an hour talking to a technician who eventually fixed the problem. Then I turned on to watch us get a footballing lesson and a ref who had decided he needed to help City embarrass us, along with RDZ’s tactics which were found out by City sharpish :angry:

In answer to your question, no but I will be watching expectantly for us to at least take the lead in a game, winning I know is a tall order away to the South Coasts top team :wink:

Back to watching Brighton struggle in games which they have done for probably 75% of my time watching them, so normal service has been renewed after a fabulous 20 months.
That'll teach you, spending your time in Bulgaria. Or Greece. Or Italy :wink:

Now we are all resigned to being doomed I feel a smash and grab at Dean Court tomorrow :drool: :lolol::thumbsup:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Whilst I'm not greatly impressed by de Zerbi at the minute, It does cross my mind that we had similar runs of poor results under Potter before everything came together. Do we have the patience to wait and see?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Whilst I'm not greatly impressed by de Zerbi at the minute, It does cross my mind that we had similar runs of poor results under Potter before everything came together. Do we have the patience to wait and see?
Probably yes. A new season with key players returning from injury (who won't have been sold off in the summer due to their injuries!!), significant player incomings, a manager who has learned key tactical lessons from our performances in the second half of this season and a clutch of south american and other children who will be one year older and wiser for their experience this year.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Those in charge of squad planning for this season (Barber, Weir, Jewell?) need to take their fair share of the criticism of where we are now. Failure to plan properly had caused a domino effect of injuries!

How many of us bemoaned the right/left back situation in the Summer? Veltman at 32 wouldn't have been able to play across the four competitions (and wasn't particularly dynamic for our style of play), and Lamptey's injury record was well known (I mean he was still injured during the Summer). When predictably both were injured, RDZ did well with Hinshelwood - but that meant too much game time at his young age, so another injury. Now all we have is Veltman, who doesn't seem fully fit.

Again, we knew we were going to be too reliant on Estupinan. When he was injured, we had to use March - who got injured, which meant Adingra had to play every match, which meant he could no longer cover for Mitoma, who therefore played too much and got injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here