Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not sure how you can call the best finisher in the time we've been in the PL "misfiring".
Well he wasn't the best finisher; 5 in 22 appearances is 1 in 4.4 games; Muzza was 34 in 115, one in 3.4. And, without being excessively anal, I suspect DU made proportionately more appearances in non PL matches than Muzza when he might have had the chance to improve his ratio.

I recall seeing him at FGR and thought (despite his one bit of skill for goal) that he was dominated by a crap League One defence.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well he wasn't the best finisher; 5 in 22 appearances is 1 in 4.4 games; Muzza was 34 in 115, one in 3.4. And, without being excessively anal, I suspect DU made proportionately more appearances in non PL matches than Muzza when he might have had the chance to improve his ratio.

I recall seeing him at FGR and thought (despite his one bit of skill for goal) that he was dominated by a crap League One defence.
Werent most of the appearances 10 mins off the bench?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Well he wasn't the best finisher; 5 in 22 appearances is 1 in 4.4 games; Muzza was 34 in 115, one in 3.4. And, without being excessively anal, I suspect DU made proportionality more appearances in non PL matches than Muzza when he might have had the chance to improve his ratio.

Your stats show the best goals per appearance, not the best finisher.

Best finisher would relate to goals Vs xG rather than goals per game.

Also your stats don't take into account minutes played per game.

Undav has 124 minutes per goal whilst Murray sits at 205 minutes per goal, putting Undav far above in goals per 90.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Your stats show the best goals per appearance, not the best finisher.

Best finisher would relate to goals Vs xG rather than goals per game.

Also your stats don't take into account minutes played per game.

Undav has 124 minutes per goal whilst Murray sits at 205 minutes per goal, putting Undav far above in goals per 90 min
You have a point and there were signs towards the end that he might make it (bar the horrid scuff against Man U that could have earned him sainthood) but somehow there was just something not right; rumour is it was personal more than football and there aint much anyone could do about it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve given up too. 😞

If there is a buyout clause, their newly acquired Champions League money will surely fund the purchase of one of the best goal scorers in the Bundesliga. Especially as Guirassy appears to be on the way out.
Stuttgart would be nuts not to activate the buy out given their current situation.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just formed an honest opinion on the misfiring lardass presented to me during his time at the Albion. My bad, clearly :shrug:
Maybe he's got better since he's been away? I know GG has been over to Germany to watch him and catch up with him while he's been there so if he (and RDZ) are happy to get him into the squad next season – and Deniz' personal issues are resolved to the point of him being willing/able to come back – then I say bring it on. More than happy to trust their judgement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here