Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2024

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
If Newey does go I wonder whether Max might be agitating to follow him out the door?

Can't see Ferrari ditching Leclerc any time soon, I think it's more likely Max ends up at McLaren with Lando moving on (Mercedes?)

Jos Verstappen has dropped a hint that Max might be available for 2026. The hot rumour at the moment is a move to Mercedes, taking Marko (whose leaving Red Bull would trigger an exit clause for Verstappen) and as many RBR engineers as possible.

A Verstappen / Norris swap is an interesting option, though. McLaren are better than Mercedes currently, and Red Bull have already tried to tempt Norris away from McLaren. We could see a 2026 grid looking something like:

Red Bull - Norris, Perez / Ricciardo / Lawson
Ferrari - Leclerc, Hamilton
McLaren - Piastri, Russell / Pato O'Ward
Mercedes - Verstappen, Russell / Antonelli
Aston Martin - Alonso, Stroll :sick:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Oh wow ... they didn't wait until after the Senna anniversary was behind us. Official confirmation now, Newey will leave Red Bull:

Other sources have confirmed that he ceases work for the Formula 1 team with immediate effect, however he will continue to work with Red Bull on their RB17 Hypercar project until early 2025. He will then be free to join another F1 team - no gardening leave (he's effectively serving out his F1 gardening leave while working on the RB17).

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I'm a little suspicious of Norris (sprint Q) and then Ricciardo (race Q) having sets of softs in qually sessions that just had no grip. Quality control issue at Pirelli?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cracking race this. The Boy’s commentary just now was “K-Mag’s been driving like an Al Queda recruit all weekend”.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Come on Lando, not been this nervous about a race for f***ing ages

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
bloody epic, well done lando throughly deserved, incredible drive and made the tyres work, nice long stint at the start

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
GET IN

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Has there been a more popular debut winner? Lando was superb, the McLaren was superb. Finally we see real competition to Red Bull in terms of pace and power.

A coincidence that Newey announces he is leaving and Red Bull have their worst weekend for ages?

Lastly - I'm not a Max fan - but credit where it is due, he was gracious and, dare I say, almost classy in defeat.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well done Lando! :clap:

That was a pleasant surprise to wake up to. Doubly so as it was a deserved win. Yes he got a bit of luck with the safety car but he won with pace and skill.

Lets hope that we can have a few more races with a bit of jeopardy for Max. Maybe even having him finish outside the podium:eek:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
2. At least 3 different teams win at least 1 race each. I'll even take a stab at who: Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren
And done :).

Think Norris could take a couple more this year. They had the first significant upgrades on Norris' car this weekend. Piastri gets them for the next race. Norris looked a lot closer to Red Bull all weekend other than that rogue set of softs for the sprint Q3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here