Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Gardeners Question Time.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It's been a very wet spring in dorset with a big downpour today. Has anyone else's garden seen big growth this year? Our Acers and Hakonechloa Macras have been particularly vigorous.

Attachments

• 20240430_132156.jpg
    20240430_132156.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 20240506_195349.jpg
    20240506_195349.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240502_180813.jpg
    20240502_180813.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
@WATFORD zero I glanced past security into your private road, to see if your meadow had survived the BHCC sit-on mower scalping. Looks good, well done for putting in the stakes :bowdown: .

For some reason, all the rain?, my verge meadow is advanced compared to this time last year. Already Cornflowers and Yellow Rattle. So beautiful.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
@WATFORD zero I glanced past security into your private road, to see if your meadow had survived the BHCC sit-on mower scalping. Looks good, well done for putting in the stakes :bowdown: .

For some reason, all the rain?, my verge meadow is advanced compared to this time last year. Already Cornflowers and Yellow Rattle. So beautiful.

The BHCC bloke got me once a few weeks ago, so I took your lead and added loads more posts to the four big white ones he somehow managed to mow around :facepalm:
I think I've lost some of the early stuff as a result, but there's bits coming through now :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The BHCC bloke got me once a few weeks ago, so I took your lead and added loads more posts to the four big white ones he somehow managed to mow around :facepalm:
I think I've lost some of the early stuff as a result, but there's bits coming through now :thumbsup:

I was caught by his Feb butchery, didn’t realise they started in winter! You should be fine as meadow wildflowers are inherently slow starters.

Two other things I do are to gently remove Dandelions with their entire tap root as they can smother, also with bare patches I planted small specimens of eg Achillea Terracotta.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's been a very wet spring in dorset with a big downpour today. Has anyone else's garden seen big growth this year? Our Acers and Hakonechloa Macras have been particularly vigorous.

My Acer obviously liked the conditions this year, it's now over 10ft high

acer7.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here