Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Catering PRAISE!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Credit were credit is due. The meal in the 1901 at the Bristol game was by some considerable distance the best that has been produced there since the ground opened. If Lindley can maintain that and all the other aspects of the stadiums catering improve in like manner we are going to be happy bunnies.

If you've given up on the 1901 lunches I'd urge you to give it one more go.

I have not been paid for this post.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The supper at Charlie's Quiz Night yesterday was good too - they weren't over-ambitious and on a cold night the choice of bangers. mash and mushy peas went down a treat. Smiley ladies put gravy on top and asked if you wanted extra sausages. You helped yourself to a bad-for-you pud and cream. Lovely.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
What was on offer on the menu? Is it a pre set meal or is it Table D'Hote with a choice or A la Carte?

It's an order in advance table d'Hote.

STARTER
Smoked bacon, leek & gruyere tart, mixed leaves, oven dried tomatoes Butternut squash,
leek & gruyere tart, mixed leaves, oven dried tomatoes (v) _____
MAIN
Braised beef with borguignon garnish, chive creamed potatoes, roasted root vegetables & a rich jus
Salmon & dill fishcake, wilted spinach, caper butter sauce
Wild mushroom risotto cake, wilted spinach, roasted root veg, brandy & porcini cream (v) _____
DESSERT
Vanilla pannacotta, spiced fruit compote Tea and coffee served with petit fours
_____
HALF-TIME
Filter coffee and a selection of flavoured tea Selection of miniature cakes
_____
FULL-TIME
Piglets lamb hot pot pie
Filter coffee and a selection of flavoured tea

Excellent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If that was produced by Lndley Catering I would expect it to be quite good as a friend of mine from my stocktaking days is a STH at Spurs and raves about their pre -match meals as to how good they are.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
It's an order in advance table d'Hote.

STARTER
Smoked bacon, leek & gruyere tart, mixed leaves, oven dried tomatoes Butternut squash,
leek & gruyere tart, mixed leaves, oven dried tomatoes (v) _____
MAIN
Braised beef with borguignon garnish, chive creamed potatoes, roasted root vegetables & a rich jus
Salmon & dill fishcake, wilted spinach, caper butter sauce
Wild mushroom risotto cake, wilted spinach, roasted root veg, brandy & porcini cream (v) _____
DESSERT
Vanilla pannacotta, spiced fruit compote Tea and coffee served with petit fours
_____
HALF-TIME
Filter coffee and a selection of flavoured tea Selection of miniature cakes
_____
FULL-TIME
Piglets lamb hot pot pie
Filter coffee and a selection of flavoured tea

Excellent.

:love:

While the subject of catering is up, I had completely stopped eating at The Amex, tried the pies and just didn't like them that much, burgers were shit as were the hot dogs but on Tuesday I won a burger on the Hat Trick scratch card, bloody excellent, proper big burger in a proper roll with proper cheese on it.

Well done.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I noticed a alot more staff in 1901 at Bristol, but then that was the case with azure, once they get the contract, which, being barbers mates. You know they will, when will the cut backs start?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
While the subject of catering is up, I had completely stopped eating at The Amex, tried the pies and just didn't like them that much, burgers were shit as were the hot dogs but on Tuesday I won a burger on the Hat Trick scratch card, bloody excellent, proper big burger in a proper roll with proper cheese on it.

Well done.

So you can't stand freshly-made, additive-free cooking, but happily embrace additive-sodden, E-number laden mass-produced 'food'?

So you can't stand freshly-made, additive-free cooking, but happily embrace additive-sodden, E-number laden mass-produced 'food'?

I know you have issues with my dislike of the pies Al but I just can't see what the fuss is about, it's just a pie, and it also repeats on me for about 24 hours afterwards. I was just saying the burger I "WON" this is the key word here, was 100% better than the previous one I had.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I noticed a alot more staff in 1901 at Bristol, but then that was the case with azure, once they get the contract, which, being barbers mates. You know they will, when will the cut backs start?

When you say they are Barber's mates - do yu mean he has previous experience of working with them and trusts their ability to provide a service ? Because if that is the case it makes sense to me.

Or are you suggesting they are rubbish and are only there because the owners are personal friends.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Wilted spinach?

Cheapskates. Why not get fresh spinach?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
When you say they are Barber's mates - do yu mean he has previous experience of working with them and trusts their ability to provide a service ? Because if that is the case it makes sense to me.

Or are you suggesting they are rubbish and are only there because the owners are personal friends.

They do the catering at Tottenham and did when Barber was there.

I imagine the reason for the switch has a lot more to do with the corporate side than the concourses, and considering the revenue we generate from the corporate areas, seems shrewd to me. If Azure won't/can't offer what Lindleys can then Barber has made the right call. No-one can get everything wrong all the time!

I like his programme notes too.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I imagine the reason for the switch has a lot more to do with the corporate side than the concourses, and considering the revenue we generate from the corporate areas, seems shrewd to me. If Azure won't/can't offer what Lindleys can then Barber has made the right call.

It seems odd to criticise for appointing a company he has worked with in the past who I assume he knows do a good job. I do that all the time. If I know someone has done a good job for me in the past I will use them again in the future. It is the way it works.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Well done.

That good to hear as I thought that I was the only person who doesn't like the pies and I felt like the odd one.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Credit were credit is due. The meal in the 1901 at the Bristol game was by some considerable distance the best that has been produced there since the ground opened. If Lindley can maintain that and all the other aspects of the stadiums catering improve in like manner we are going to be happy bunnies.

If you've given up on the 1901 lunches I'd urge you to give it one more go.

I have not been paid for this post.

This is encouraging news. If your doing the same at the next game could you report again? Stopped eating at The Amex half way through last season because it was so dire but if there is a genuine turn around in quality, service etc then happy to give it another go.

Respect to Mr Barbe for sacking Azure. A rare case of listening to one's customers and acting. Bodes will for the future.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I had pie mash mushy peas and gravy and it was actually eatable a great improvement on previous fare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here