Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are Albion genuinely in danger of being in a relegation battle next season in your opinion

Are Albion genuinely in danger of being in a relegation battle next season

• Total voters

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I have seen quite a few posts suggesting we could be about to take a big backwards step and showing a remarkable lack of faith in the hierarchy. The number of comments about the succession plan looking like it’s effectively the Emperor’s New Clothes has surprised me. We haven’t appointed anyone yet but we are potentially doomed anyway probably as the choices being floated by the bookies are uninspiring.

After the way the club has been run since CH’s appointment I find this strange

So as things stand are YOU worried or is impatience over riding thinking straight? We have absolutely no idea who will be managing us next season or how much business, in and out, that we’ll be doing, so how can you make an informed guess? Even so are you losing faith in TB and PB?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Nah but I can easily see us being 5th/6th bottom if gross leaves and we don't bring in some quality.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Nah but I can easily see us being 5th/6th bottom if gross leaves and we don't bring in some quality.
Gross is getting on a bit now, of course a legend although he was never going to go on forever. He looked f***ed the last half of the season and not nearly as effective.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As I detailed on a nerdy stats thread, I think any club outside of the Big Eight is in danger of relegation where any season is concerned. Some perhaps more than others. I would put us in the 'others'.

There aren't many clubs who manage ten seasons without relegation outside the big clubs. West Ham, Everton and Palace at present have been around longer. All have flirted and been in real danger at different stages.

Sober judgement needed. Do I think we are in 'danger' ? No more than any other club around us maybe. When you operate with Albion's system (and I think it's a good one) you are only a bad appointment or a poor transfer window away from potential problems.

It is what it is. The club are clearly taking time on the manager front. This suggests to the blind eye that their list has been gone to at a time they would rather it hadn't. Happy they are taking their time.

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Naah, it might not be as exciting as the last couple of seasons, but don't think we'll go down.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I voted "No", however, you can never be certain. This is a huge summer, but do I see us dropping behind Leicester (point deduction, lost their manager), Everton (possibly another point deduction), Nottingham Forest (basket cases), Ipswich (kept the manager but a double promotion is a big ask to maintain).

You only need 3 worse teams, and whilst the answer is no, complacency is one hell of an enemy. I firmly believe that no team outside the top 6 are "established PL clubs"

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How on this Earth can anyone suggest we're in relegation danger after the last two season's we've had? I'm sure this is just a fishing exercise but I have to say this and unearthed historic threads are becoming tedious.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
How on this Earth can anyone suggest we're in relegation danger after the last two season's we've had? I'm sure this is just a fishing exercise but I have to say this and unearthed historic threads are becoming tedious.
You haven’t been reading too many posts if you haven’t seen quite a few suggesting we will be in a relegation battle then, and over 20% of the votes currently seem to think we could be :shrug:

Most threads on here are tedious at the moment too.

SAC

May 21, 2014
No, and the bookies agree.

Before possible points deductions the three promoted teams are likely to take up two or all three of the relegation places. Add to this the possibility of two big name teams having points deducted and Everton possibly going into administration with a 9(?) points deduction and possibly havign to flog anyone decent from their squad just to survive.

A new manager and a couple of decent signings then mid table should be expected as a minimum.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Depends on player sales if Mitoma is sold then we become distinctly average.
Maybe they will milk him one last time and sell him after the Japan tour. There will be plenty of suitors.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We were 4th bottom second half of last season. Would be arrogant to assume we are not in a little trouble at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here