Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barry Lloyd - RIP

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
RIP 😢

My first ever match in April 1987 was Barry‘s first win as Brighton manager. He was tremendously malaligned during his years as manager, but history has shown he actually did a really good job, taking us to a Wembley playoff final in 91 which we lost to Neil Warnock’s Notts County, 1 year before the start of the Premier League.

He was a scout for us too and in 2008 recommended we sign Glenn Murray.

Cheers Bazza.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Very sad news. Big part of my formative years as a Brighton fan.

He was manager when i started going to games with mates rather than my Dad in my early teens. Also the manager that gave us the first promotion I saw live when we got promoted in 87-88.

RIP.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Thankyou Barry Lloyd.
You led the Albion to one of the very very best and most fun seasons( 1990/91). It was a highlight of my childhood.
Your imaginative signings from literally anywhere in the world were epic.
And you told Garry Nelson he wasn’t playing at Wembley when you were both in the loo 😂
RIP and condolences to Charlie and the family.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shame the players can't wear black armbands today given that he started his playing career at Chelsea.
Looks like they are.

Barry wasn't just managing the team he was basically running the club at one stage. It was a thankless task. Then the powers that be decided to bring in... well, we know the rest. Barry was sacked within a month.

He had his pelters at times, which was unfair. He gave absolute commitment and will go down rightly in our history as one of the good guys.

RIP, and thanks for all you did for us. Sad day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here