Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coming on Kitcat give us a break

Transport Guru

Nov 11, 2011
Brighton
Read the Argus (8th Dec) this morning. What on earth are the Greens doing! Don't they understand that there are at least 30,000 voters in the city that are Albion season ticket holders or want to be? You’ve got to feel sorry for MP Lucas. If we don’t get the extra seating and car parking I doubt she’ll get re-elected

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I suspect a large proportion of the Green vote comes from people who've moved to Brighton rather than grown up here, and either support other teams or don't care about football. Maybe I'm stereotyping here but it's certainly my impression that the muesli munchers aren't football types. Also bear in mind that a large proportion of Albion fans live outside Brighton itself.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Also bear in mind there's a HUGE thread on this just underneath *look down*

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I am sure that quiet and considered discussions are taking place between the club and the Greens. The fact is that the Albion has one of the most sustainable transport standards of any professional football club. If the Albion rose to the Premiership whilst maintaining those standards it would be a wonderful advertisement for the city and its Green Party. Caroline Lucas and others in the party will surely understand that and do what they can to support the club's continued progression. This would include reaching an agreement with the Albion over the planned car park. It is in the interests of all sides.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
he made up his surname?

D

Deleted member 22389

I suspect a large proportion of the Green vote comes from people who've moved to Brighton rather than grown up here, and either support other teams or don't care about football. Maybe I'm stereotyping here but it's certainly my impression that the muesli munchers aren't football types. Also bear in mind that a large proportion of Albion fans live outside Brighton itself.

Your probably right. I thought all this rubbish had long gone. You know at the end of the day, what they are moaning about is utterly pathetic. It's a waste of time, energy and money and they are just making people angry and frustrated. There are more important issues to sort out than some poxy bloody car park, which at the end of the day benefits everyone, not just the club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Agreed , most of the Green vote is held up by incomers to our wondrous city and backed up by locals who think it is trendy. They are more likely to support a London based Premier League team to connect with their roots or are altogether disinterested in football.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I don't think the Argus have put it online yet. I certainly don't regard myself as a yoghurt knitter, but having read the Argus I thought this was a storm in a teacup. The Green position would appear to be the verbal agreement in place does not provide the best value for money to Brighton Council. Given their current financial position, who can blame them for wanting to negotiate on this point ? Sorry if this has already been dealt with, but there was just too much political point scoring in the main thread for me to wade through it all. It appears the club had a gentlemans agreement to use the site for a few years, until it was redeveloped, probably for student accommodation. The suggestion now is that the council want to flatten it and sell it to the highest bidder. So this major setback could present a possibility to put in place a permanent solution all be it at a higher cost to the club. If that cost can be passed on to willing motorists, this may not be a setback at all.

D

Deleted member 22389

Agreed , most of the Green vote is held up by incomers to our wondrous city and backed up by locals who think it is trendy. They are more likely to support a London based Premier League team to connect with their roots or are altogether disinterested in football.

Agreed. Anyone that understands how much this expansion is needed, and understood the club and it's history, it's people would not being going down this route.

Even worse when as you say some of them are not even from Sussex in the first place.

Like I said previously I just hope we are not going to go down this road again. At the end of the day money talks, so I just hope all this silly business will stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here