Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyril Smith dies

Aged 82.

He challenged a lot of things in his life, but maybe it's his refutation of the argument that 'obesity will lead to an early death' that will be in most people's thoughts today.

29 stone 12 pounds at his peak.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
When the Liberal party had about five seats, he occupied at LEAST three of them, fat-Brentford-fan-in-a-beige-jacket-away-in-the-ZDS-cup style.

This could be utter, utter bolox - the chances are that it is - but didn't I hear that his fatness was supposedly due to him getting some GRIT in his knee as a youngster, and not just the obvious pie-eating etc?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
1.JPG

:love::love::love::love:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
He was big on the politcal stage. In fact he was big on any stage. He was big. A big fat man.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He was the MP who finally proved that, no, it was NOT possible for all the parlimentary Liiberal MPs to meet in a telephone box.

"Say it loud, I'm fat and I'm proud!"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This could be utter, utter bolox - the chances are that it is - but didn't I hear that his fatness was supposedly due to him getting some GRIT in his knee as a youngster, and not just the obvious pie-eating etc?

Damaged his pituitary gland apparently.

He was the most un-liberal Liberal anyone could imagine

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
“I believe that a politician’s private life is his own affair and should remain so unless private behaviour jeopardises his political role. I suspect that most men and women have a skeleton rattling round in their cupboard and I think it should be allowed to remain there unless it can be proved that its exposure can right some injustice done to another person.”

‘Big Cyril’ (1977) Smith’s Autobiography.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
At least he was an honest Liberal Party Member, and would never have entertained a corrupt coalition with the Bullingdon Bullies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here