Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do England Have a DNA ??

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We hear a lot about a teams DNA and style of play - do England have a DNA ?

Is it time to adopt something like we have at Brighton where a style of play is adopted and we pick a coach who can implement this and pick players based on data that can execute our style ?

For me England have always had top players but have never really been able to implement them into a consistent style of play - lots of world class individuals but never a world class team.

Something needs to change

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You pick a coach based on the squad you have/players coming through.

Having a set DNA is something to aim for, but realistically it's pot luck which players come through and when

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes, the last three letters backwards

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That was as close to a Chris Hughton performance I’ve seen in a long time get a goal and defend. I’m probably doing Hughton a disservice as he didn’t have those players to hand.

As for DNA Bottlejobs. Although I’m not pointing the finger at the players the management is truely woeful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We did. But it was corrupted during processing by Southgate. It now looks like this:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wasn’t all bad. A point and everything to play for.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sure, put players out of position and cautious keep ball with a group of pacey players.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Would it be so difficult to install a style of play and then pick a squad of players whose data best suits that style ?

Might mean a few surprise inclusions in the squad at the expense of some - but if the data says they are better in that position and suited to that style then so be it.

For far too long players have been picked on reputation not on how they would fit in a style of play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here