Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Great comedy characters who are never seen

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm just watching the magnificent Patricia Routledge talking about Sheridan her never seen son in 'Keeping up appearances' and it got me thinking of never seen comedy characters.

'Her indoors' in Minder and Adina's son 'Serge' in 'Absolutely fabulous'. There must be hundreds

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm just watching the magnificent Patricia Routledge talking about Sheridan her never seen son in 'Keeping up appearances' and it got me thinking of never seen comedy characters.

'Her indoors' in Minder and Asina's son 'Serge' in 'Absolutely fabulous'. There must be hundreds
Slack Alice and Everard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs Slocombe's pussy

End of thread :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did we ever see Reggie Perrin’s mother in law in the 70’s comedy, or just imagery of a hippo?
Think not....

What about Walter Raleigh?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
The lovely Samantha and Hunk in Trunks Sven on I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Rhodah's doorman Carlton, heard but never seen;
Steinbrenner, as voiced by Larry David in Seinfeld;
Elizabeth Mainwaring in Dad's Army. - We saw her impact brilliantly, when sagging the bunk bed above her husband;
Norm's wife in Cheers. Cliff's mom too for most of the show, but I seem to remember that they showed her in a later episode.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The PM in The Thick Of It.

He was on the phone or reportedly fuming, but did we see him/her in the regular series?
I wouldn't call 'him' a great comedy character to be fair. For that a modicum of vicarious amusement is probably required.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm really starting to think it may be a great british comedy tradition, like men playing women, women playing men and double entendre in Pantomime :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here