Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] How many seats will the Tories get ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How many seats will the Tories get ?

I am going for 156 which is 224 less than last time but it will be a lot higher than the sub 100 or even 60 imo

There are still a lot of people who will still vote Tory but will not admit it

I think there will be surprises tomorrow

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Farage will win his seat and I would not be surprised if Truss does as well such as is politics

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How many seats will the Tories get ?

I am going for 156 which is 224 less than last time but it will be a lot higher than the sub 100 or even 60 imo

There are still a lot of people who will still vote Tory but will not admit it

I think there will be surprises tomorrow
Are you putting your money where your estimate is?

Some good odds if you are dipping your toe!

IMG_5176.jpeg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sunak basically commited politic suicide by calling this in July and not January when things would be much better especially interest rates. I think he threw a 7 as he wants out

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
9.4 on Betfair Unc between 150 and 199 if you think that. I know you like a bet.

If I was betting I'd be between 100 and 149 at 2.6. Labour will win and there are more than you think who will vote Conservative. Why I'm not betting is the Reform factor. They won't win many seats but they will split the vote

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If there’s one thing the British public can be relied on, it’s not giving the Tories a kicking even when they so thoroughly deserve it. They’ll be somewhere around 200 in the end.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If there’s one thing the British public can be relied on, it’s not giving the Tories a kicking even when they so thoroughly deserve it. They’ll be somewhere around 200 in the end.
I think the shock tomorrow will be how well the tories did. They will do far better than predicted imo a large part is that swathes of people especially over 60 simply do not like or trust Starmer

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tories will get over 150 seats that is a shue in

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Labour 38 percent
Conservative 24 percent
Reform 14 percent
Lib Dems 11 percent
Greens 5 percent
Others 8 percent

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Over 150 seats at 7 to 1 is a great bet

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Tories will get over 150 seats that is a shue in
Perhaps not. If you haven’t watched him before, I can recommend Phil Moorehouse’s “A Different Bias” channel on YouTube. Phil is a fairly crotchety, Yorkshire based Labour supporter and former science teacher.

He’s big on statistical analysis and really knows his polling. He reads every poll, right down to the methodology and fieldwork. What he’s spotted is that many polling companies are making manual adjustments to their modelling to reflect better outcomes for the Tories, simply because they cannot believe their own data is that bad for them.

He’s also spotted shifts to Labour from the LibDems in areas where Labour are the second party, and similar for the LibDems where they are the best placed challenger. In other words, the polling data is showing a marked trend towards tactical voting.

And finally, he’s looked at how many seats are “safe” for the Tories and the LibDems. That’s to say seats where their lead is greater than 5%, representing a generous margin of error. The findings are genuinely startling. The Tories are only safe in approximately 30 seats, whereas the LibDems are closer to 55. While the Tories are forecasted in first place in more seats, those leads are slender and vulnerable, particularly if tactical voting is widespread.

Put all that in the mix and the Tories are in a genuine fight to finish second in terms of seats. They probably will be the second largest party but it isn’t a given.

And in answer to the OP’s question, the Tories will win more seats than they deserve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here