Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LMA annoyed at York's new Boss

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Sky Sports Link

For those who dont wanna click above:

League Managers' Association chief executive John Barnwell has launched a scathing attack on Third Division York and the appointment of Chris Brass as player manager.

Barnwell believes the Minstermen's decision to install 27-year-old Brass, who has no management experience, in place of Terry Dolan brings the manager's role into disrepute.

He said: "There is no doubt in my mind the appointment of Chris Brass at York City was for financial reasons and not on management ability. Leaving personalities out of this, these appointments are for the wrong reasons.

"In the case of Chris Brass, who was given the role of player manager following the hugely disappointing sacking of Terry Dolan after more than three and a half years of working against the odds at Bootham Crescent, we find it incredulous such a difficult post be given to a young man with absolutely no experience in the field.

"Player managers are rarely successful. The appointment of a 27-year-old, no matter the state of financial affairs at the club, brings the manager's role into disrepute."

Midfielder Brass joined the Third Division club from Burnley two years ago and won the player of the year award last season.

What do you guys/gals think, are York taking the cheap route? Are they destined for relegation? - Discuss

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Age is no barrier

A lot of the best managers started young, most vivid is Clough, who I think started v young after an injury.

If you are good enough , you are old enough, even though I do think this is financial, it is down to York city to appoint the person they think is best suited to their position, and down to th LMA to support their members which now includes Chris Brass.

the appointment of Chris Brass at York City was for financial reasons and not on management ability

As was the signing of David Lee instead of Figo, lets face it, the LMA , PFA etc slaughter clubs for going to the wall and not paying players.

I feel for Terry Dolan, who did a good job for York, but if York couldn't afford him, they couldn't afford him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here