Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] MAC OS Sequioa 15.0 Download Issues

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Downloaded the latest version for my MacBook Air. The laptop restarts ok when I log in but alas no icons on the Home Screen. Just my screen saver. The MacBook air is a M2 from Oct 2023.
Anyone else having similar issues?

TNBA

TTF

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
We've been advised to not upgrade by IT at work

That's typically because work IT haven't built out their toolset and standard images and support procedures for the new version yet, not because of the software itself

They should have been on the beta program testing it before the release and once they knew it was going to be buggy, blocked, or at least deferred the update until they were confident it wouldn't cause any impact to the business.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Have you checked the screen size default settings?
Resolved at the Genius Bar today.

I noticed that there was an icon periodically appearing that said I had not accepted the Apple Ts and Cs. I re-installed Sequoia 15.0 four times but it had never ever asked for me to read and accept Apple's Ts and Cs.

The Genius Bar 'Genius' had never seen this before and after putting the Mac into 'Safe Mode' he then managed to get the home page with the icons and then managed to get an icon up requesting that I sign the Ts and Cs. After I had done that, it all worked fine and the Macbook Air started correctly.

Now I am looking forward to exploring the benefits of Seqouia 15.0, in the knowledge that 15.1 is probably only a few days away. :)

Thanks everyone for your input.

TNBA

TTF

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They should have been on the beta program testing it before the release and once they knew it was going to be buggy, blocked, or at least deferred the update until they were confident it wouldn't cause any impact to the business.
I work for a company that develops software for Mac used by tens of millions of devices and there’s been quite a lot of issues but Apple insisted on releasing it apparently.

Quite a lot of news about a number of major software companies reporting the same thing

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I work for a company that develops software for Mac used by tens of millions of devices and there’s been quite a lot of issues but Apple insisted on releasing it apparently.

Quite a lot of news about a number of major software companies reporting the same thing

Apple did, but people don't have to update, Software companies can advise their end users and IT teams can and should delay them.

macOS 15.1+ has a new MDM key, so that'll be fun when a lot of IT teams loose control of their devices.

My favourite update so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 8.52.05 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 8.52.05 AM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 9

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here