Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McCammon and Goalkeeper Crisis

sykid69

Aug 2, 2003
Hove
who agrees with me that mark mcCammon is the biggest waste of space ever.. he shouldnt wear number 25 as he will never be as good as zamora! and hes even coming close 2 being as shit as maheta molango.. and thats sayin something as he didnt even stand out against lewis! mcCammon cant shoot. he cant control a ball he cant pass and isnt the best of headerers either. so what do u lot think of him. also who do u think brighton will sign keeper wise? and who should we get 4 a new striker?

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
:Awaiting London Irish: :eek:

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
I only saw Mark 'oops i've fallen over again' McCammon play the once against Watford I wasn't impressed.

A keeper is more important.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Since McCammon joined....

Played 7 Won 3 Drawn 3 Lost 1

!BINGO!

quit yer whinging everyone else, he maybe pants but that record speaks for itself :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
sykid69 said:

1. who agrees with me that mark mcCammon is the biggest waste of space ever..

2. he shouldnt wear number 25 as he will never be as good as zamora!

3. and hes even coming close 2 being as shit as maheta molango.. and thats sayin something as he didnt even stand out against lewis!

4. mcCammon cant shoot.

5. he cant control a ball he cant pass and isnt the best of headerers either.

6.so what do u lot think of him.

7. also who do u think brighton will sign keeper wise?

8. and who should we get 4 a new striker?

1. I dont agree. He does the job he is supposed to.

2. Its a shirt FFS, we didn't retire number 8 did we?

3. Molango is 'one for the future' and not expected to play first team football yet.

4. He can. he just cant score.

5. Thats why we can afford to loan him.

6. I think he does a job, and with him we are getting results.

7. No idea on that front. Would like that Steele bloke but won't happen.

8. we dont need a new striker.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Molango cracked in a decent couple of goals against "Lewis" - kind of made him stand out I thought.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Caveman said:
He adds a bit of power & height to the front line, which is what Knight needs to create space.

And he's better than holding up the play than Virgo, which is also what we need.

SID69

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Only sighting of super Mark was at Brammall Lane when he came on as sub. I thought he did ok. Got forward & won us that succesion of corners leading to Leon's goal.

Would like to see Chris May play at Leeds. He's always going to be inexperienced if he doesn't get a chance.

:drink:

larus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McCammon and Goalkeeper Crisis

Biscuit said:
Well thats McGhee's POV.

I'm just saying I dont think we need another striker.

Well, I'm very surprised by that. For all of our huffing & puffing around on the pitch, I still only see 24 in the For column and 36 in the Against and 30 in the played.

That implies to me that we aren't scoring enough goals.

Twice with McCammon playing, we've scored twice after going behind to win games. Before he signed, it never happened. Also, we scored twice against Shef Utd.

OK, he ain't scored, but :
1. He's just been lucky to be playing in these games, or
2. He's our new lucky mascott (perhaps if he's a good boy, he'll get his photo taken with Charlie at the start of the next home game) :jester: , or
3 . He adds something to the balance of the team.

Me, I go for option 3.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Tend to agree that McCammon's not that great, but we did miss a big lug upfront against Forrest. We have to be realistic, that any forward joing us on loan is likely to only come from one of the London clubs so they can travel daily, but most reserve Premiership forwards are almost certainly beyond our means.

I'd be happy for him to return in the short term this season, but am not quite sure that he is the long term solution for next year.

The keeper situation is worrying me more though - Chris May might be one for the future, but I would'nt fancy chucking him in at Leeds on Saturday. Ed de Goey at Stoke is not playing much for Stoke at the moment ? He may bit a bit old but that never stopped Beasant last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here