Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall - sad

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bristol City are away at Millwall this Saturday. Bristol City will go up if they win, which of course means they're taking thousands with them. Of course, it is Millwall's last home game of the season which will mean the obligitary pitch invasion.

So what is the result of all this? Because of a potential pitch invasion, the lower tier at the away end will remain shut - which means that the several hundred ticketless Bristol City fans will not be admitted, or will stupidly enter the home end.

Either way, what a sad state of affairs it is when a team vying for promotion aren't granted a decent allocation because of the threat of morons in the home end. If Millwall ever went bust I wouldn't give a toss.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Lets face it.

1. Bristol will lose
2. Forest will win
3. Bristol Will BOTTLE the play offs.

Not this time.

Even if they lose to Millwall and Forest win they'll be a point clear.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
seven stands said:
when was the last time they even had any trouble there ?

West Ham a couple of seasons back and Liverpool aswell, it was because of trouble at these two matches that the lower tier of the away stand has not been used.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's a lot of revenue for Millwall to forego.

You have to assume the police don't want to know, because if they were prepared to man the touchlines I'm sure the extra gate revenue from opening the lower tier would more than cover that cost, and then some.

Basically, the New Den = The Wild West. The hooligans have won.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
seven stands said:
when was the last time they even had any trouble there ?
It normally happens every couple of years. But when it happens, it's horrendous. Millwall are due a riot and I guarantee you that there will be some right twats out on Saturday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Wookiee said:
West Ham a couple of seasons back and Liverpool aswell, it was because of trouble at these two matches that the lower tier of the away stand has not been used.
I know Liverpool have some self-pitying pricks in their ranks, but when Millwall chanted "Hillsborough" in response to that turgid slow "Liverpool" chant, I can only imagine how they felt. Millwall = no class.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Simster said:
It normally happens every couple of years. But when it happens, it's horrendous. Millwall are due a riot and I guarantee you that there will be some right twats out on Saturday.

Will they be able to get tickets though?

You need to be a member to get a ticket and I assume a banning order disqualifies you from being a member.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
jonny.rainbow said:
Will they be able to get tickets though?

You need to be a member to get a ticket and I assume a banning order disqualifies you from being a member.
The problem is that for every prick who gets banned at Millwall, there are 5 others willing to step into their shoes.

Looking at some of these clips, you have to wonder how far we go before we decide Millwall are just not worth the trouble: :nono:

http://www.bernardomahoney.com/forthcb/ootdie/videoc4.shtml

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
I thought millwall always closed the lower tiers on the last home game of the season and I'm sure millwall will be doing its best to stop the ciderheads getting into the home ends.
There are many other clubs who have problems like millwalls but I think millwall have tried very hard to sort it out.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Very Harsh. Millwall are taking measures to prevent any trouble at a match where the away following are known to be as bad as there own fans, taking a loss in revenue and are critisiced for it.

Whats that all about?

There hasnt been trouble at Millwall for over 4 years when after the play off riot v Birmingham they banned every known trouble maker from home games.

How many other teams have taken these steps at a big cost to the business?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion Dan said:
There hasnt been trouble at Millwall for over 4 years when after the play off riot v Birmingham they banned every known trouble maker from home games.
Not true. West Ham and Liverpool have happened since then.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
what a cracking game this one is , has all the potentials , little bit of edge , city finally clinching promotion.

Good luck to City I say ! they've been a decent team for several years now and have been unlucky not to go up on several occasions. I reckon they will do alright next year as well. Potential is massive for them.

I've no axe to grind with them , we beat them in the Play Offs -

Good luck to them + hope they cherish the moment they get promoted.........as it is a f***ing brilliant brilliant feeling

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Millwall are pretty tame these days and their 'firm' will only come out for a big game (hence their absence against us). Bristol City have been known to get active but only against the likes of Cardiff. Doubt that much will happen as Millwall have nothing to play for.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Simster said:
Not true. West Ham and Liverpool have happened since then.

I dont think Millwall fans caused any trouble v West Ham at home?

Also, Liverpool was just chanting. Why is it ok for Liverpool fans to chant about Munich to Man Utd fans but not the other way round. Not that Im condoning it either way, but it only takes a few morons to chant something, I remember Albion fans singing about Pakis at Luton 2 years ago.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
bhaexpress said:
Millwall are pretty tame these days and their 'firm' will only come out for a big game (hence their absence against us). Bristol City have been known to get active but only against the likes of Cardiff. Doubt that much will happen as Millwall have nothing to play for.

City got huge numbers , CSF is very active these days.

Turning over Forest on their own patch isnt done easily

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes but really only the likes of West Ham that gets their old boys out. Let's face it Legoland is more scary than when we played there this season.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Bristol City have a pretty mean following. It could turn very nasty if it all went wrong, but saying that what sort of club can not control fans in a stand?

Don't you just put a line of robocops along the front of the stand 10 minutes before the final whistle?

You can also leave the front 3 or 4 rows empty too.

:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here