Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Moving house with Sky

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Shortly to move house and I have the full package of broadband, Sky Talk and Sky Q with sports, Netflix etc. My existing contract which had discounts on it expires at end of December.

Phoned this week to book the move and to my surprise the first rep I spoke to insisted that I would need to recontract the broadband component for another 12 months at slightly increased rate. The broadband would only be fibre to the cabinet and not to the property as full fibre only available from independent supplier like Lightening Fibre. It should be noted that property I'm moving to was a relatives and they previously had Sky broadband and were getting around 40mbps which is what I currently get and suits me at present. The dish is also there and would just need changing with Sky Q LNB. After 40 mins of discussion I suggested we end the call as he could not comprehend how I simply wished to transfer my existing package as is. In particular he couldn't grasp that come December I may wish to renegotiate or even go with another supplier who could do full fibre into the property.

Phoned again next day endeavouring to perhaps get a different reply where the focus would just be on getting a moving date booked. This Rep also opened up with the suggestion that I would need to recontract the broadband and then followed up suggesting that I would also need to recontract the Sky Q component of my package. Trying not to blow a gasket we pretty much covered the same ground as with the first advisor. After 45 mins 'battle' he eventually put me through to a guy in India who simply booked the move and assured me I would remain on my existing broadband and TV until December.

Has anyone else had this problem and merry dance? Moving house is stressful enough.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shortly to move house and I have the full package of broadband, Sky Talk and Sky Q with sports, Netflix etc. My existing contract which had discounts on it expires at end of December.

Phoned this week to book the move and to my surprise the first rep I spoke to insisted that I would need to recontract the broadband component for another 12 months at slightly increased rate. The broadband would only be fibre to the cabinet and not to the property as full fibre only available from independent supplier like Lightening Fibre. It should be noted that property I'm moving to was a relatives and they previously had Sky broadband and were getting around 40mbps which is what I currently get and suits me at present. The dish is also there and would just need changing with Sky Q LNB. After 40 mins of discussion I suggested we end the call as he could not comprehend how I simply wished to transfer my existing package as is. In particular he couldn't grasp that come December I may wish to renegotiate or even go with another supplier who could do full fibre into the property.

Phoned again next day endeavouring to perhaps get a different reply where the focus would just be on getting a moving date booked. This Rep also opened up with the suggestion that I would need to recontract the broadband and then followed up suggesting that I would also need to recontract the Sky Q component of my package. Trying not to blow a gasket we pretty much covered the same ground as with the first advisor. After 45 mins 'battle' he eventually put me through to a guy in India who simply booked the move and assured me I would remain on my existing broadband and TV until December.

Has anyone else had this problem and merry dance? Moving house is stressful enough.
No

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes. I hate Sky after they turned off my box. I wanted to upgrade to Sky Q but for free, as per their text and email messages to me. Hours spent on the phone over the course of 4 days. On day 1 they actually turned off my Sky, just like that at a minutes notice. It then took days to get it back meanwhile trying to get a free Sky Q 1tb UHD box. In the end I got what I wanted, along with free Apple+, Netflix, Paramount+ and Discovery+. Also went down £40.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here