[Official Site] Oscar Pleased with Players' Progress

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1012406_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:05 11th November 2013
by Adam Tighe
The international break is good timing for us because despite being on a good run, we do need the time to recover some players"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia feels youngsters Rohan Ince and Jake Forster-Caskey are progressing well.Albion’s head coach praised the impact the two had against Blackburn in Saturday’s 3-0 win and is now turning his attention to recovering injured players during the international break.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I am happy for Rohan because against Yeovil he put in a nervous performance, but here in front of our fans he played a very good game.
“He got further forward which is something he is capable of because he has the power to do that.
“Jake is a player who is capable of getting into the box more often and we wanted this kind of movement from him because he has the power and the quality to be very effective there. He can be a true box-to-box player.
“The international break is good timing for us because despite being on a good run, we do need the time to recover some players.
“I hope we may be able to get two or three back and available for selection against Wigan, and I am looking forward to when I am able to select the best eleven from a full squad.
“All of the players are working very hard to do everything that I ask of them and when we have a complete squad we will be able to play much better.
“It is difficult to know where we are in respect of the league table. I only focus on the next game and I want the players to have the same mentality. It is not a sprint.
“We have to play a lot of games and we have to focus on each game as it comes and not lose focus by thinking further ahead.”
Oscar also hailed the display and attitude of Tomasz Kuszczak after the Polish keeper made a string of fine stops against Rovers to help the Seagulls leapfrog the Lancashire outfit in the Championship table.
“Tomasz made some great saves. It is not easy to keep your focus and be prepared when the opposition is not always attacking.
“I am very happy with Tomasz because he wants to improve. Although he has played for big teams, every day he comes in to training wanting to learn and trying to do the best for the team."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here