Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

P'boro tomorrow - Poyet's D-Day?

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
What a bunch of BEDWETTERS there are on this thread.

Shock horror, 4 draws and 3 defeats in the last 7 games and people are ready to write Gus's obituary if we DARE to do anything but smash the granny our of Peterborough 3 or 4 to nil. I honestly cannot believe the SHITE on here sometimes.

Actually I can, I've been here long enough. Win, lose or draw, overreaction is the order of the day. We've had a slump in form and performances, its happened before and it will happen again. The WORST thing we could have done this season is hit top spot (again), as there's only one direction to go from there, then everyone starts running around panicking.

Christ up a stick, have a bit of perspective. We have no right to be rolling teams over week-in, week-out. Its still a work in progress. We had our best finishing position in over 20 years last season - now all of a sudden we're one of the big boys in this league are we ? Get real. Anyone DEMANDING nothing less than top 6 this season needs to set their sights to "Realism", and accept there are some bigger, better funded clubs in a very tough, competative league. And we ARE competing, but we are certainly not one of the frontrunners yet. Its going to take longer than a season and a bit.

The impatience is quite ridiculous.

100% THIS........ I loved last season and i am loving this season aswell. We are close to all the teams we have played so far and it could be so much worse.

We are growing as a club, but it takes time.

HOLD YOUR NERVE...... ENJOY THE FOOTBALL.......WE WILL GET THERE.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What a load of old rubbish is being spouted on this thread Gus's future with us is not in jeopardy, nor should it be, if we get 1 point or more tomorrow we will be better off than the corresponding time last season, so I read somewhere.

On a corresponding point of the season. If you compare fixtures this season to the same fixture last season we are already 2 points better off.

Shock horror, 4 draws and 3 defeats in the last 7 games and people are ready to write Gus's obituary if we DARE to do anything but smash the granny our of Peterborough 3 or 4 to nil. I honestly cannot believe the SHITE on here sometimes.

Actually I can, I've been here long enough. Win, lose or draw, overreaction is the order of the day. We've had a slump in form and performances, its happened before and it will happen again. The WORST thing we could have done this season is hit top spot (again), as there's only one direction to go from there, then everyone starts running around panicking.

Christ up a stick, have a bit of perspective. We have no right to be rolling teams over week-in, week-out. Its still a work in progress. We had our best finishing position in over 20 years last season - now all of a sudden we're one of the big boys in this league are we ? Get real. Anyone DEMANDING nothing less than top 6 this season needs to set their sights to "Realism", and accept there are some bigger, better funded clubs in a very tough, competative league. And we ARE competing, but we are certainly not one of the frontrunners yet. Its going to take longer than a season and a bit.

Very much this.

Wasn't out bad run 10 games last Season, he didn't come under any pressure from Bloom then from what I can remember. Not sure why he would now given a similar run of form that may very well turn round tomorrow night.

gus record 12.11.01.jpg
(click/hover over to enlarge)
Add one more draw on the end - this is from before the leeds game.

The ten match run overlapped seasons, and inlcuded a 3-0 loss to Swindon - worse than a loss to Peterborough I suspect (admittedly depending on the severity of the defeat). This is no more Poyet's D-day than the home gave v Sheffield Wednesday was.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Whilst I can see where you are coming from, you seem to be overlooking the bigger picture here. Football fans are fickle(not me believe it or not, been going years), the sudden 15,000 extra season ticket holders we have, will very quickly become disinterested in football if there quest for results and entertainment is not forfilled. And whilst you make say f*** em, they are all jcl anyway. The Amex and Brighton and Hove Albion is a growing monster, that needs feeding and if the food supply looks like running short (i.e crowds dropping off and empty seats everywhere) someone will have to carry the can for it.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames

Love Mondays :tantrum:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
On a corresponding point of the season. If you compare fixtures this season to the same fixture last season we are already 2 points better off.

The ten match run overlapped seasons, and inlcuded a 3-0 loss to Swindon - worse than a loss to Peterborough I suspect (admittedly depending on the severity of the defeat). This is no more Poyet's D-day than the home gave v Sheffield Wednesday was.[/QUOTEe]

We have not beaten anyone in top 14 yet this season, which those stats hide

GP can go winless until Palace away & a win up there will be enough for a new contract

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Think we will win,but don't think our problems will be solved just by doing that.

This is the problem. We will win tomorrow night, the Poyet fan club will dig this up and claim that having beaten one of the worst teams in the league, at home, that he is indeed a saint and we don't know what we're talking about. Then we lose at Wolves and Hudd and we're back to square one. A loss tomorrow night, as much as I'd hate it, may make our issues glaringly obvious to even those with the super-thick Gus-tinted glasses.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We have not beaten anyone in top 14 yet this season, which those stats hide

Not true.

Burnley and Millwall are in the to 14 and we beat them.

Of the other 12 teams, we are one of them, leaving 11 others, of which we've played 6. So, there are 5 teams we haven't even had the chance to beat, 2 that we have beat, that's 7 - so more than half of the 13 teams in the top 14 that we can play we have beaten or yet to play.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not true.

Of the other 12 teams, we are one of them, leaving 11 others, of which we've played 6. So, there are 5 teams we haven't even had the chance to beat, 2 that we have beat, that's 7 - so more than half of the 13 teams in the top 14 that we can play we have beaten or yet to play.
If Wednesday had beaten us, wouldn't they have gone top?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Well said, people are so fickle and lack understanding. There are at least 10 clubs in this league with a lot more spending power then us and have quality in depth. I think we are a club that is building for the future and its important that we get the foundations right and that will take time

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Utter bollocks thread. The only reason we didn't beat Leeds is because CMS missed a pen. That's nothing to do with Gus's management. Say we get a last minute penalty to beat Peterborough and the same thing happens again - is Gus's job REALLY going to be at risk because the unbeaten run extends to 8 matches??

Gus needed to change things vs Leeds, he did and we pissed all over them for the first 25 minutes. If he wasn't doing anything different then I'd have a problem, but there are encouraging signs from Dobbie and Orlandi.

The bigger picture is all the teams around us are dropping points too, so we're only 3 off the play-offs anyway. Too many bleating pussies on this thread.

Well said, lets not forget Barnes also missed a pen

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I think that the calculation was done based on number of games as opposed to actual opponents and the corresponding game last season but it is still a fair assessment of our season so far.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Not true.

Oh dear, it's when we played them that counts....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think that the calculation was done based on number of games as opposed to actual opponents and the corresponding game last season but it is still a fair assessment of our season so far.

I was agreeing with you, and taking your point further. After 14 games last season we were on 20 points. After 14 games this season, we are on 20 points.

If you compare the fixtures (i.e. leeds home this season to leeds home last season, millwall away this season to millwall away last season, burnley at home this season to burnley at home last season etc.), we are 2 points better off overall.

Not putting this thread out there to stir, but tomorrow really is crucial game for him after the run we've had recently. Arguably the easiest home game of the season and one we should really be winning by a decent margin with the squad we have. If we fail to win and then also fail to win the next few games (which are all tough) I can see a managerial change before we go to Selhurst.

To the Poyet faithful out there, this isnt a dig at him on a personal level, if Mourinho was in charge I'd have the same worry. The current run is simply not good enough for what we now have at our disposal.
Going to give the game a miss tbh:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here