Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prepared to have my head bitten off..

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
but does Mark Mcgee have a scouting system as im sure that there are players in Conference\Con South in which Lewes play that could do better than what i have seen live and also on the box pull on a albion shirt.Whatever happened to Jarrett?I remember being quite involved in youth footie that albion scouts where at one time everywhere that doesnt seem to be the case now.Local talent is there the albion need to get it in my view instead of relying on a few journeymen who are at the end of thier careers or are not wanted anywhere else decent.I will now take cover:p

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
LEWES CLIFF said:
Local talent is there the albion need to get it in my view instead of relying on a few journeymen who are at the end of thier careers or are not wanted anywhere else decent.

I presume you're having a laugh.

The average age of our squad is what? ???

Consider your head bitten off! :angry: :moo:

LEWES CLIFF said:
but does Mark Mcgee have a scouting system as im sure that there are players in Conference\Con South in which Lewes play that could do better than what i have seen live and also on the box pull on a albion shirt.Whatever happened to Jarrett?I remember being quite involved in youth footie that albion scouts where at one time everywhere that doesnt seem to be the case now.Local talent is there the albion need to get it in my view instead of relying on a few journeymen who are at the end of thier careers or are not wanted anywhere else decent.I will now take cover:p

Either this is written in a foreign language or I am devolving rapidly. What is it you are trying to say, that the club doesn't have scouts?
If that's the question, then I would ask which talent tree are these talents growing on waiting to be picked?

We have seen Zamora Currie Ingimarsson Cullip and Sidwell at Brighton, to namedrop a few. If we could have afforded to keep them on our books we'd be challenging for the Prem and attracting other good players.

We can't, and so we aren't.

The stadium fiasco has hamstrung our club and will continue to do so until we get the nod and financial backing for another one. We still have the pall of Archer Bellotti overshadowing our fortunes, and the modest feedom we enjoy playing in Brighton City is regarded as significant, compared to the depths we have seen since the Goldstone.

BHAFC could have the best scouts in the World, but it wouldn't mean we would attract the top players in the World.

You had better get used to this LEWES CLIFF, that the present squad are playing as hard as they can for Brighton, and win or lose they deserve some loyalty from the fans, as THESE players, especially, are actually doing it for THIS CLUB and not for the huge financial rewards and spectacular prestige!!

BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION above almost every other football club in the league deserve the best support possible from the fans. These lads scraped us into a season of Championship football, and manage to furiously struggle to stay there for more.

Try NOT to be the first to have a dig at the lads LC, it's downright annoying, they don't deserve it, and they will play above their abilities - if they don't have someone ready to get on their back at the first signs of a failure.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
LEWES CLIFF said:
Yes I'll join in with the biting. I can assure you that youth and schoolboy football is regularly and thoroughly combed. Fortunately because of the '50 mile' rule (which the Premiership clubs want abolished!) the only rivals for youngsters we have are Palace and Portsmouth. Probably Southampton/Gillingham as well at the far ends of the county.

As far as local football is concerned except in truly exceptional circumstances I hope we DON'T look too closely. It's possible there might be an undiscovered diamond, but Sussex is not a hotbed of non-League football and the players at the local clubs are at best of the calibre of Richard Tiltman and Grant Horscroft - i.e. good non-League players but not up to 2nd/1st/Championship standard.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I wonder if anybodyhas looked at the boys in the william PArker schools under 14 team who according to the Hastings Observer lost their 1st game in 2 years last week. They have won southern leagues and a national cup and this is the school which Gareth barry and Paul Watson came from, Hammond may have as well

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Stinky Kat said:
I wonder if anybodyhas looked at the boys in the william PArker schools under 14 team who according to the Hastings Observer lost their 1st game in 2 years last week. They have won southern leagues and a national cup and this is the school which Gareth barry and Paul Watson came from, Hammond may have as well

I would be amazed if they hadn't. BTW, who beat them?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
garry nelsons left foot said:
I would be amazed if they hadn't. BTW, who beat them?
don't know the name of the team, but apparently Parker lost 5-2 and were undone solely by the opposition's 6 ft+ centre forward... being both gigantic and very good he scored 5 "individual" goals!!!

the Albion's youth set-up is well regarded and successful - amazing achievements given the constraints they have to endure...

Last edited:

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
Dont get me wrong im not knocking anyone but as someone who is over 40 and been around plus watches loads of boys/non league football, IT IS MY VIEW:dunce: that thier is an abundance of talent in the area and i feel that with fitness training they maybe able to do better than one or two who play now in the future.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Moshe Gariani said:
don't know the name of the team, but apparently Parker lost 5-2 and were undone solely by the opposition's 6 ft+ centre forward... being both gigantic and very good he scored 5 "individual" goals!!!

the Albion's youth set-up is well regarded and successful - amazing achievements given the constraints they have to endure...

Yeah he is Moses somebody an U16 england striker who plays for wait for it..........Crystal Palace under 17s aggggggggh

PAUL CLARK

Jun 7, 2004
BRIGHTON
john robinson wanted to come back to bha money wasnt the option each time he moved contact was made to brighton
each time the answer was no money avaliable/
we have jarret rotting in the reserves

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
When appointed Dean White's brief was to include making sure all the local talent came to the Albion. I have not seen much sign.

Our scouting for up and coming players is at best disappointing. And as far as I know it always has been.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We certainly have competition from Charlton as well, as they've been sniffing round Southdown Rovers under 8's all season. They have an academy in East Grinstead.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Prepared to have my head bitten off..

Brovian said:
the only rivals for youngsters we have are Palace and Portsmouth. Probably Southampton/Gillingham as well at the far ends of the county.

Absolute rubbish!

I used to play against and for people who were picked up by Charlton, Chelsea, Tottenham, Millwall, Bournemouth.

Aston Villa obviously kept an eye on the youngsters round here as well.

Regardless of the geography, if a club hears about someone who is good enough then they WILL scout them.

There is a lad from Horsham who is off to play for Real Madrid..albeit because his family are moving there.

There are three youngsters in West Sussex who go to the Weald School who are in the England Under 14s team.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If there's a '50mile' rule, won't that mean that all of the london clubs can take players from Sussex?

As for Charlton having an academy in East Grinstead... I assume it's within the 50 mile thing but they're beginning to piss me off now. What with their coaches from Sussex to the Valley, and now nabbing our Southdown under 8's too!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dick Knights Mum said:
Our scouting for up and coming players is at best disappointing. And as far as I know it always has been.
I'll remind Adam Virgo, Adam Hinshelwood, Adam El-Abd, Jake Robinson, Dean Hammond, Daniel Harding, Chris McPhee and Dean Cox of that fact. They'll be delighted to hear it.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Large One said:
I'll remind Adam Virgo, Adam Hinshelwood, Adam El-Abd, Jake Robinson, Dean Hammond, Daniel Harding, Chris McPhee and Dean Cox of that fact. They'll be delighted to hear it.

Not forgetting Chris Breach and Gary Elphick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here