Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham chairman with high expectations

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Apparently according to their new fat manager, Rotherham are a championship club in league 2. Erm, righto. That'll explain why your new ground only actually holds 2 thirds of the average Championship attendance.

D

Deleted member 22389

Apparently according to their new fat manager, Rotherham are a championship club in league 2. Erm, righto. That'll explain why your new ground only actually holds 2 thirds of the average Championship attendance.

They might make the Championship, but they simply don't have the support or infrastructure to get them in the premier league.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Someone find this quote. The Chairman is dreaming, but then he was asked to dream. Is there ever a point when you don't want to do better than last season? But to say they are a championship side in league 2, that's even better.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair, is this not to dis-similar to us a while a go? A struggling League One club, with a chairman gambling £150m+ on getting to the Premiership within 6-7 years

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair, is this not to dis-similar to us a while a go? A struggling League One club, with a chairman gambling £150m+ on getting to the Premiership within 6-7 years
The difference is that Rotherham doesn't have a hinterland of 1.85 million people to draw upon. All the local towns and cities (Barnsley, Donny, Sheffield) are already well represented by league clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No. I don't think he's gambled that money. If we don't get to the premiership, he won't be broke.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I will say though that I bet they get some massive gates next season (by their standards, historically). Their stadium is right in the middle of town. I wouldn't be surprised to see them average 10k if they are in the automatic spots. Chesterfield are a local side and they must have averaged around 8,000 last season when they went up in their new ground, which is dull and nowhere near as convenient as Rotherham's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here