Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So that was what it's like to see

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
The 3rd best player in the world, I think Palace have been watching the wrong player every week because the only player I was worried about when they had the ball was Bolasie.

Dec 29, 2011
Reading BBS yesterday, Zaha was getting SLATED for showboating and having no end product. Apparently he was doing stepovers on the half-way line when he lost the ball and CMS had that 1-on-1. Bolasie looked good.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Reading BBS yesterday, Zaha was getting SLATED for showboating and having no end product. Apparently he was doing stepovers on the half-way line when he lost the ball and CMS had that 1-on-1. Bolasie looked good.

Zaha was shocking yesterday :lolol:

Every time Bolasie had the ball it looked like they were going to score!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Bolasie was excellent.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

And who won the ball off him? Barnes.

And who won the ball off him 1 minute later with a clean tackle in almost the exact same position? Barnes.

I wonder how many people on here would have given credit where it was due if CMS had scored with that chance?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
In fairness, Zaha was triple-marked out of the game. That's what usually happens, apparently...

Yup. Every week now, without fail.

Doesn't make a difference though. Makes so much more space for Murray/Moritz/Bolasie that we win anyway.

Zahaha was marked out of the game by Bruno in first 25 minutes so he switched across to our side and did even less. Couldn't tell you if he played 2nd half. He put in a couple of poor crosses that were easily cleared.

So the 3rd best player on the planet failed to shine against 10 men - surprise surprise. If he did create space for others then they also failed to use it as your first two goals came from mistakes by the officials and the third by a rush of blood to the head by Greer.

I can't remember Palace swamping us and missing countless opportunites - you had a large slice of possession but created little. The Big Pole made a couple of saves from long range and you clipped the top of the bar from Dunks free kick and Murray sent a header over the bar - what else ?

Bolasie was your MOM - not a product of your academy and purchased by your ex-manager.

Jan 31, 2012
Zahaha was marked out of the game by Bruno in first 25 minutes so he switched across to our side and did even less. Couldn't tell you if he played 2nd half. He put in a couple of poor crosses that were easily cleared.

So the 3rd best player on the planet failed to shine against 10 men - surprise surprise. If he did create space for others then they also failed to use it as your first two goals came from mistakes by the officials and the third by a rush of blood to the head by Greer.

I can't remember Palace swamping us and missing countless opportunites - you had a large slice of possession but created little. The Big Pole made a couple of saves from long range and you clipped the top of the bar from Dunks free kick and Murray sent a header over the bar - what else ?

Bolasie was your MOM - not a product of your academy and purchased by your ex-manager.

Very bitter ain't we Major. You forgot to add that you were shite ;-)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Based on Saturday's game, I would rather have Bolasie than Zaha. Yes Zaha is quick, but didn't have much else to show for it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And who won the ball off him? Barnes.

And who won the ball off him 1 minute later with a clean tackle in almost the exact same position? Barnes.

I wonder how many people on here would have given credit where it was due if CMS had scored with that chance?

Correct. Barnes actually had quite a good game, as I thought he would in a real "battle" type game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Zaha reminds me of early days Ronaldo, loads of tricks but shit all end product and makes himself look stupid.

Bolasie is a more similar comparison to make to Buckley, much more direct.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Correct. Barnes actually had quite a good game, as I thought he would in a real "battle" type game.

So you were not at the same game I was ?, he was quite simply awful, he does not do enough, ok he robbed Mr 20 million pound man after his reptative stop over and toe poked it forward and it ended up a good threw ball, so what else did he do. Not picking on him, I will give him credit when he has a good game, Saturday was not one of them.

Very bitter ain't we Major. You forgot to add that you were shite ;-)

Not bitter, disappointed yes. Just stating the match as I saw it.

I would have said that your fans were shit but everyone takes that for granted now.:lolol:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Zaha wasn't at his best but still caused your lads plenty of headaches. That's the good thing with having two great wingers, When one has an off day there's a good chance the other one will shine.

Was Buckley playing? Didn't notice him...

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
As I posted on another thread, Zaha was way off his best on Saturday, luckily for you.

Like you mention, Bolasie was excellent and has outshone Wilf in recent weeks.

The England call-up and hype around him seems to have affected his game somewhat. Hopefully he'll be given a rest soon to get his head straight.

Believe me, I've watched him all season, he was unreal up until the last week or two. Still the best player in the division when he's on form IMO (a view shared by a fair few opposing managers as well).

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

The game changed as soon as the sending off happened. You rightly had to go ultra defensive and we had to break down 10 men parked behind the ball. I think we would of created more if you had of had 11 as you would have of attacked us and a lot of our game is based on fast counter attacking. But we did what we had to do and kept possession and wore you down, that's what lead to the penalties as your defence was getting tired. We also hit the bar, had an amazing chance from Murray's header and we should of had a pen in the first half.

Luckily for you Zaha had an off day, if he had played to his potential it would have been embarrassing for you as Bolasie was playing out of his skin. And according to Holloway, Murray very nearly missed the game with flu so he prob only played up to half his normal level. Still to good for Greer though :lol:

The fact that you have to blame the ref is no surprise, you're so one sided with your views it's unreal. Still, at least you managed one post without mentioning attendances :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here