Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stand Up Speak Out

Just been onto the ‘Stand Up Speak Out’ anti-racism site.
I wanted to get one of the black and white wristbands to show my solidarity with the cause.

HOWEVER…
It appears you can’t actually order them on the website, you have to go in person to a nike shop in London, Birmingham or Southampton to donate £1.50 (suggested donation) and pick one up.
Obviously this suits global-multinational company Nike as whilst you are in the shop lots of colourful items of sports gear catch your eye and you may well walk out of the shop with a couple of ‘impulse purchases’ that you didn’t want or need.
So I went onto ebay and they are for sale there for about £6-£10.
I’m a bit pissed off about this – why make them so difficult to come by thereby creating a black market (pardon the phrase) so that spods on ebay can make a profit and almost certainly not donate the extra cash to the anti-racism charities.

I’m very angry that a decent, worthy cause has been hijacked by a greedy company and small time profiteers on ebay.

:censored: :angry: :censored:

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
My mate gave me one of them black and white bands last night, well cool it is too !! It goes very nicely with my red Tsunami one as well.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley

It appears you can’t actually order them on the website, you have to go in person to a nike shop in London, Birmingham or Southampton
Or Croydon ,only the big cities have them.Bought ten(two visits) myself got loads on e-bay.So up yours.If you make the trip dont wear your shirt as there is enough bad fashion sense with all the asylum seekers .:salute:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
"oh i wear something because i dont like ppl being racist and i dont like ppl dying in diasasters"

pllleeeeeze.

Guardian reading teachers or ultra hip smelly students?

:wave:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
brunswick said:
"oh i wear something because i dont like ppl being racist and i dont like ppl dying in diasasters"

pllleeeeeze.

Tosser, its a show of support for two pretty good causes,

:salute:

looney said:
Gesture politics?

Originally posted by brunswick"oh i wear something because i dont like ppl being racist and i dont like ppl dying in diasasters"
pllleeeeeze.
[/B]

Oh yeah, I forgot - the world is just fine and everything is alright - so I should just sit on my sofa and be a good consumer.

Go back to the uncaring ignorant rock from which you crawled from and do not darken my door again.
:shootself

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
brunswick said:

pllleeeeeze.

Twat!!!!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I wear the yellow band ... coz it is for a good cause ... i will be buying the stand up speak out band too.

My brother is wearing the red tsunami one and the blue bullying one as well. Its time people showed their support for things like this and if it raises extra cash for the causes that can make the world a better place then im all for it.

so brunswick can just f*** off for all i care !! :angry:

:clap2:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
If it's like the yellow bands, you will also be able to buy them at the Nike outlet at Gunwharf Quays. Of course, the downside is it means a trip to Portsmouth...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
On that website it does mention in small print that they are available at selected JJB stores or something like that. :glare:

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
brunswick said:

pllleeeeeze.

It did make me think of Neil "the Peoples Poet" from The Young Ones :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Although the idea of the black and white racism bands is a good one, I cant help feeling that Nike will be making a profit out of this. Note that they stay away from the poverty line - as they are the one single company that are at fault for a lot of the sweatshops in Indonesia, and other places around the world.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Why wear an armband? When I make a donation to a charity I don't feel the need to let everyone else know. I happily donate to causes I wish to support but consider that it's up to me and others to donate as much or as little as they wish.

Is this armband thing just to make people who haven't donated to a particular charity feel guilty?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here