Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers, McGhee, LDC

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Morning everyone: a few thoughts, for what they are worth.

At the Falmer For All meeting we had the other night (to plan the Lib Dem conference demo among other things) Dick was bemoaning the role of agents in all matters Albion right now (which ties up with the latest Argus reports at any rate)

I took it upon myself to tell him what most of us everywhere are thinking (including most if not all of those at the meeting, the core activists of the Albion) that given McGhee's talent for falling out with players/dropping them for reasons unconnected with football/substituting them when they are playing brilliantly/refusing to play them, seemingly, purely because the fans want him to.... it was not inconceivable that potential new players might be put off coming!

I also said that if we want to fill Withdean and maintain the spirits of us fans for the ongoing, unceasing, never ending, interminable, Sisyphean battle for Falmer against the loathesome LDC something has to be done soon. In my opinion McGhee has done a great job in the past, but that is the past.

We'll see. I have no more idea what will happen than anyone else. I do think that the current situation is totally unacceptable.

On a happier note. It is increasingly obvious to the local Lib Dems outside Lewes that their stance is a vote loser and an embarassment, and I've suggested to some that they should do something about it. There will be local Lib Dems on our demonstration with a banner
in support of the stadium, they will speak at the rally, and they have promised to try and get a motion in support debated at conference.

I have lots of difficult family stuff going on right now and am not up there shouting any more (which will please some people) but I'm as fed up as everyone else!

J

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Excellent comments.

Thanks for your continuing support:wave: :wave:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Well said and an interesting read. It makes a change to read some well thought out comments on here rather than the usual knee-jerk rants.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Rangdo said:
Well said and an interesting read. It makes a change to read some well thought out comments on here rather than the usual knee-jerk rants.
But rants are funny, especially when you read you own rants back the following morning. :blush:

Back on topic. Well said Attila. Glad to see some fellow councillors will be joining us at the rally.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very very well put, and certainly the views of most of the people I come in touch with.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
attila said:
On a happier note. It is increasingly obvious to the local Lib Dems outside Lewes that their stance is a vote loser and an embarassment, and I've suggested to some that they should do something about it. There will be local Lib Dems on our demonstration with a banner
in support of the stadium, they will speak at the rally, and they have promised to try and get a motion in support debated at conference.

At last, some good news.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
attila said:

At the Falmer For All meeting we had the other night (to plan the Lib Dem conference demo among other things) Dick was bemoaning the role of agents in all matters Albion right now (which ties up with the latest Argus reports at any rate)

I took it upon myself to tell him what most of us everywhere are thinking (including most if not all of those at the meeting, the core activists of the Albion) that given McGhee's talent for falling out with players/dropping them for reasons unconnected with football/substituting them when they are playing brilliantly/refusing to play them, seemingly, purely because the fans want him to.... it was not inconceivable that potential new players might be put off coming!

I also said that if we want to fill Withdean and maintain the spirits of us fans for the ongoing, unceasing, never ending, interminable, Sisyphean battle for Falmer against the loathesome LDC something has to be done soon. In my opinion McGhee has done a great job in the past, but that is the past.

We'll see. I have no more idea what will happen than anyone else. I do think that the current situation is totally unacceptable.

And what did Dick Knight say when you put these opinions to him?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
What was Dick's response?
Nothing startling, Hampshire, neither would I expect it to be. Decisions about such things aren't taken by committee (whether they should be or not, and how such a committee would be constituted, is a matter for debate, but in practical terms they're not) and if Dick did tell us everything he was thinking and ask us not to repeat it it would put me for one in an invidious position. Rest assured that he is fully aware of the strong feelings many/most/of us have.

Again for what it's worth, I still have as much faith in Dick Knight as I did in the old days when we were battling to get rid of Archer and instal his consortium. Given everything he has done to save our club, and given the way football clubs are run and the kind of people many of them are run by these days, I'd far rather have Dick in charge than anyone else. I think the majority of our fans would agree.

Off fishing. J

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I just don't know where we are going at the moment. It's frustrating to see our club in a flat tailspin, unable to keep players, sign players, find a ground, hold a lead, etc, etc. There has to be an end to this somewhere, I just hope it's not the kick up the arse that comes when you are bottom of the old 4th Division on the last day of the season and we realise that we shot ourselves in both feet because we didn't, or couldn't, take the action we needed to get the club back on track.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Ernest said:
Yet again Attilla hopelessly out of touch with what the real supporters think, the majority have had enough of the false promises of the potless pillock and the sooner he goes and takes the rest of the rubbish at the club the better :angry: :angry: :angry:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
attila said:

J

Whilst that sounds nice are you sure it's genuine? I don't want to appear cynical but could it not be an attempt at damage limitation; a lot of talk before the conference, some promises some limited action and then after the conference melting away into nothing?

Labour, if not actually in disarray, are very close to it. They're losing popularity rapidly. The tories are perpetually unpopular so now is a great time for the lib dems to gain ground on both the big parties. The very last thing they want is the town in which they are holding their conference to be up in arms at the actions of their local lib dem councillors. I'm of the opinion that it is absolutely important to maximise our plight and the actions of de vechi, baker et al. I'd hate for the opportunity to be missed because of a mean political trick played by unscrupulous politicians. Is their plan to 'help' us going to in any way negate any of the plans FFA have?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
attila said:
On a happier note. It is increasingly obvious to the local Lib Dems outside Lewes that their stance is a vote loser and an embarassment, and I've suggested to some that they should do something about it. There will be local Lib Dems on our demonstration with a banner in support of the stadium, they will speak at the rally, and they have promised to try and get a motion in support debated at conference.

That's a very encouraging sign, and a novel line of attack I've not seen on here before; setting the Brighton Lib Dem councillors at the throats of the Lewes Lib Dem councillors. If they're volunteering to attack them, so much the better, but might be worth the Seagulls Party nudging them in that direction by threatening to stand against Lib Dem councillors at the next local elections in Brighton & Hove as well as in Lewes. Or was that the plan anyways?

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
attila said:

I have lots of difficult family stuff going on right now and am not up there shouting any more (which will please some people) but I'm as fed up as everyone else!

One of the clubs best and most loyal fans.Wants Mcghee out :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
attila said:

J

Well done! Someone needs to tell Tight whats what! :clap:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Ernest said:
Yet again Attilla hopelessly out of touch with what the real supporters think, the majority have had enough of the false promises of the potless pillock and the sooner he goes and takes the rest of the rubbish at the club the better :angry: :angry: :angry:

Berk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Transfers, McGhee, LDC

3gulls said:
Well done! Someone needs to tell Tight whats what! :clap:
Well, seeing as you're normally so full of the joys of spring, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and tell him what's what as well? Go on, I insist - he is a very approachable chap. You're not going to believe this, but Dick Knight is very well aware of how the fans feel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here