Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Wasp sting pain

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have a tractor mower I use really just to move things about as I have a trailer for it. Went to move it, unbeknown to me there was a wasp nest in the engine cowl. Ended up being stung over 4 times. Never had a reaction before but today all sites are swelling up. I've taken antihistamines, double dose. Never had pain from stings like this. Screw the garden I'm having a beer :ROFLMAO:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have a tractor mower I use really just to move things about as I have a trailer for it. Went to move it, unbeknown to me there was a wasp nest in the engine cowl. Ended up being stung over 4 times. Never had a reaction before but today all sites are swelling up. I've taken antihistamines, double dose. Never had pain from stings like this. Screw the garden I'm having a beer :ROFLMAO:
A tractor and trailer, jeeez how the other half live eh.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A tractor and trailer, jeeez how the other half live eh.....
I have a large garden and use a normal albeit large walk behind mower (I do have 2 of the same I bought off marketplace) the ride on is 20 years old. Combined worth about £500 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: free wasp nest included

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Antihistamines and alcohol is an interesting combination.

If only we had a pharmacologist on the board who could advise on this.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Only makes you sleepy, not planning on doing anymore. Mind you that tree needs trimming where's my chainsaw?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sarsons isn’t strong enough.
Depends how.much you use.

1000003576.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Five times, then?

As we always say to the nipper when she does herself a mischief: "You should be more f***ing careful"

(Without the 'f***ing' bit, obviously.)

Horrible, horrible little shits, wasps. You have my sympathies :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Five times, then?

As we always say to the nipper when she does herself a mischief: "You should be more f***ing careful"

(Without the 'f***ing' bit, obviously.)

Horrible, horrible little shits, wasps. You have my sympathies :thumbsup:
Yes I think 4 or 5. A couple of days ago I skinned the back of my leg on a concrete planter. Erking painful, these little Southgates stung me on my wound.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Didn’t you leave it in that beehive?
Well done I couldn't remember. The bees are looking after it I'll just go and get it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Right.

It depends whether the antihistamine is one of old nonselective variety such as diphenhydramine or a modern 'non-sedating' antihistamine. The old ones cross the blood brain barrier (BBB) and interfere with ACh and 5-HT receptors in the brain causing sedation which exacerbates the effects of alcohol. Avoid heavy machinery, driving or calling me a poof.

The new ones such as cetirizine and loratidine are more selective for the H1 histamine receptor and cross the BBB less avidly and so won't interact significantly with sauce.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes I think 4 or 5. A couple of days ago I skinned the back of my leg on a concrete planter. Erking painful, these little Southgates stung me on my wound.
Southgates :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Earlier today a large bumble Bee visited me, we have a large nest of them in our eves near the front door (I live in a bungalow) As he wondered in I could see him struggling. I gave him a sugared water drink. He sat on my hand for a while and then asked to go out. You go from lovely bumble bees. who you should talk to every time you see them to wasp the bastards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here