Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What are the positions which we have to definitely sign players in?

What are the positions which we have to definitely sign players in?

• GK

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • LB/LWB

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • CB

Votes: 42 47.7%
  • RB/RWB

Votes: 71 80.7%
  • LW

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • DMC

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • AMC

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • RW

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • ST

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’m not sure what the second part of your question quite means but as far as positions:

As of the end of last season (so not including players already signed/bidding for this window) - assuming Hürzeler will be setting up 3 at the back with a libero and a key edge of the box pivot (# 10?) - and also using RB as wingbacks - I would say:

R Wingback
CDM/CB
Inverted R Winger
CAM/forward pivot
MF floater

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
2 midfielders, As long as our injured players come back ok and we don't lose Gross then we can concentrate on back up's.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
CB and RB most definitely. Another defensive midfielder preferably. Plus replacements if key players like Gross leave.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I choose none.
Not that signings aren't nice but it just seems symptomatic of this entitled bullshit we seem to be developing. We're not a size of club that gets to be in Europe most years, we're just about big enough to be a club that doesn't entirely stink out the PL. That we do better than this is due to a model that will by it's nature have ebbs and flows. Further the PL itself has a model that means whenever we grow tall we will be pruned.
Sakes even if we get relegated next year I think it would still be one of our 10 highest finishes ever.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You missed lotus, and reverse cowboy.

I mean who wouldn’t love sitting in a stadium week after week watching your team lose while telling all the people around you to grow up because they never had a season ticket at Gillingham, sounds a fantastic day out - I’m in 😍

I choose none.
Not that signings aren't nice but it just seems symptomatic of this entitled bullshit we seem to be developing. We're not a size of club that gets to be in Europe most years, we're just about big enough to be a club that doesn't entirely stink out the PL. That we do better than this is due to a model that will by it's nature have ebbs and flows. Further the PL itself has a model that means whenever we grow tall we will be pruned.
Sakes even if we get relegated next year I think it would still be one of our 10 highest finishes ever.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Can see Emil Smith-Rowe coming back into the reckoning
I struggle to see it.

Arsenal need their English players, despite the limited game time they get. If they sell a talented English player they pretty much need to go out find a new one if they want to keep a reasonably deep squad. And finding English players good enough to play for Arsenal isn't cheap or easy. If they sell Smith-Rowe, Nelson or Nketiah, they might need to look at replacements that cost big money.

Rumours say he'd cost £25m but I think its bollocks. He along with Nketiah and Nelson were rumoured to go last summer as well but nothing happened and can see the same scenario this summer

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
If we can get Mats Weiffer over the line then I understand he can double as CB and DM so he seems a good option to cover both.
Pacey RB and a replacement for Groß if he does go (though where you find one is beyond me). We also have Hinshlewood coming back to cover RB and/or CM. Then maybe another option in the 10 to replace Lallana.

I suspect the players competing this year will be:

Bart/Steele/Rushworth
Pervis/Barco
Dunk/JPVH/Igor/Webster
Veltman/Lamptey/Hinsh/New Signing
WBG/Groß/Baleba/Hinsh/New Signing
Mitoma/Adingra/Osman
March/Minteh/Adingra
Julio/Buananotte/New Signing
JP/Welbz/Ferguson

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I choose none.
Not that signings aren't nice but it just seems symptomatic of this entitled bullshit we seem to be developing. We're not a size of club that gets to be in Europe most years, we're just about big enough to be a club that doesn't entirely stink out the PL. That we do better than this is due to a model that will by it's nature have ebbs and flows.

Maybe I’m missing something here? Our model of buying low selling high isn’t because of entitlement- we need to buy and sell every summer window to develop the Club and stay competitive just to tread water.

If anyone thinks we’d be a proven mid-table Club with the squad we had in 2019, they clearly aren’t taking into consideration that the level of football is getting higher and more and more silly money is being pumped into the PL. We have to buy low and sell high just to survive against that kind of competition.

I agree our model means flows and ebbs but we constantly have 3 types of players on the go - those that will develop in the next few years, those who are ready now and already showing fantastic potential and older players that have peaked. The transfer market therefore is relevant for us every season.

I don’t think anyone is really expecting us to be in Europe every season or win silver but it’s not entitled imo to want to increase the depth of the squad so that injuries impact us less and we have more options depending on the opposition but also in preparation for key players that become targets of larger clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here