Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing on loan to Chesterfield.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Andrew Whing has joined Chesterfield on loan for the rest of the season.

The tough-tackling full-back will link up with the promotion-chasing League Two side tomorrow ahead of their match at Cheltenham.

Last year's player of the season, Whing has fallen down the pecking order at right-back following the arrival of Inigo Calderon and Gavin Hoyte.

He has made just four appearances since Gus Poyet's arrival, and the Albion boss says it is important now for the 25-year-old to get regular football between now and the end of the season.

Poyet said, "It's a similar situation to James Tunnicliffe, who is at MK Dons. Andrew has been out of our squad for a while now and he needs to play football games.

"It's important for him to stay in shape because he's one of our players under contract. I hope he enjoys it at Chesterfield, and we will keep an eye on his progress."

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Whing Off to Chesterfield

That is all.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Expect he can expect a brown envelope stuffed with cash shortly

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good move for him , back to the Midlands. Will give the Walsall scout an opportunity to suss him out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They have kindly offered to pack, ship all of his belongings and have supplied their own branded packaging.

lakesideenv.jpg

Good move for him to get some games. I would imagine that we will not be seeing him in the stripes for much longer (unless Chesterfield play in stripes).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of the problems is the lack of reserve games for players to regain their position. In thue' good old days' the reserves played in the combination league at The Goldstone on the Saturdays that the first team was away. I remember seeing us play Spurs and every Spurs player was a full international.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here