Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8 wins and 8 draws....

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
.... would probably just about be enough to avoid relegation from where we are now. 32 points would give us 51 in total which would have guaranteed safety in 7 of the last 9 seasons in the Championship / Division 1.

So where do they come from?

Looking at the remaining fixtures, at the very least we just simply have to win:

Rotherham (h)
Forest (h)
Gillingham (h)
Burnley (h)
Watford (h)
Reading (h)
Stoke (h)

and Rotherham (a)

and at the very least we have to draw:

Leicester (h)
Millwall (h)
Sunderland (h)
Wigan (h)

and Coventry (a)
Wolves (a)
Stoke (a)
Preston (a)

Nothing less will really do, and that game at Rotherham on 30 April next year looks increasingly desperate for both teams.

Other worrying stats:

1. Out of the remaining 14 home games we still have to play against 8 of the current top 10

&

2. Out of the remaining 14 away games we still have to play against 8 of the current top 13

Where's me road map to Yeovil?? :nono:

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
RoyalAli said:
What makes you think you're more likely to beat us than Wolves?
You're their bogey team, and we're flying high.

Ali

I'm not saying we will beat Reading, nor am I saying we will draw with Wolves. All I am saying is that realistically these are the games that we just simply have to get something out of if we are to avoid the dreaded R word.

We might have turned Wolves over on a regular basis in the past but that was then, and this is now :down:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
You'll probably scrape a draw at Ninian Park. We're drawing with just about everybody else at the moment, so why not Brighton?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
WATFORD O said:
gahhhn dahhhn

Mummy letting you use the computer again? Not grounded any more?

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
You'll probably scrape a draw at Ninian Park. We're drawing with just about everybody else at the moment, so why not Brighton?

LB

Good to hear from you again. A draw at Ninian would obviously be a plus, but realistically it's the away games against the middle of the table teams where we might pick up a point. Note that I do not include Cardiff City in that category.... :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Reinelt 62 said:
A draw at Ninian would obviously be a plus, but realistically it's the away games against the middle of the table teams where we might pick up a point. Note that I do not include Cardiff City in that category.

Dismal day for us yesterday. Squandered a two-goal lead at Rotherham, which was bad enough, but worse was to follow with the news that Portsmouth have recalled Gary O'Neil from his loan spell here.

The England Under-21 skipper has been in absolutely fantastic form and has been pivotal in our recent resurgence. While the rest of the team has certainly improved, one cannot over-state how important O'Neil has been to the side. He is a wonderful player and is the best central midfielder I've seen in 30 years of watching Cardiff. We are going to miss him badly.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Reinelt 62 said:
Excellent news, LB

Thought you'd enjoy it.....

On Thursday Harry Redknapp was talking about letting O'Neil stay here for the rest of the season, Portsmouth get stuffed at Villa and Redknapp recalls him within hours!

To make matters worse, O'Neil now looks likely to play AGAINST us in the Carling Cup on Tuesday.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Dismal day for us yesterday. Squandered a two-goal lead at Rotherham, which was bad enough, but worse was to follow with the news that Portsmouth have recalled Gary O'Neil from his loan spell here.

The England Under-21 skipper has been in absolutely fantastic form and has been pivotal in our recent resurgence. While the rest of the team has certainly improved, one cannot over-state how important O'Neil has been to the side. He is a wonderful player and is the best central midfielder I've seen in 30 years of watching Cardiff. We are going to miss him badly.

Superb news. He was your most dangerous player by some way.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

He is absolute quality. I know a lot of Pompey fans and they can't wait to see him back.

Top player

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Whats happened to Watford O recently. Haven't seen him post here for a while. Any ideas?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here