[Albion] Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
AM-N is one of those unusual players who is both a realistic target and would actually improve our squad immeasurably from Day 1 IMHO

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
As long as the drunk driving rumours are unsubstantiated. Selfish bugger caused chaos on my way back from Harlow on Wednesday

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’d take that..... maybe those two and Willock for Biss and Ryan

In which case we would end up owing Arsenal money. To my mind Maitland-Niles, Nketiah, and Willock together would cost more than Bissouma and Ryan would.

It's all pie in the sky though, and won't happen anyway.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't think he's as good as people are making him out to be. I haven't spent any period of time really studying his game, but he doesn't seem like a player who does very much. He had an opportunity to play central midfield at West Brom, admittedly in a team which largely aimed to bypass the midfield and go straight for the final third, but he didn't really do anything there to stand out.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Well, if he wants to covr Tariq til he's fit, then battle it out with our other 99 midfielders..... No? Best stay at a team that's more his level :lol:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Is available on a free at the end of the season and given our previous history it wouldn’t be a massive shock if we reignited our interest.

He’s a very versatile player and would add depth to a number of positions - RB, RM, CB, LB, DM.
Still only 25.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Is available on a free at the end of the season and given our previous history it wouldn’t be a massive shock if we reignited our interest.

He’s a very versatile player and would add depth to a number of positions - RB, RM, CB, LB, DM.
Still only 25.
One of my footy teammates is a saints ST holder and said he has completely failed to live up to the expectations they had for him. This was maybe a couple of months ago but I'd be wary.

I actually thought he was a hugely promising wing/full back a few years back but he seems to think he is gods gift to the centre of midfield and seems to me like he would kick up all kinds of fuss at having to play anywhere other than CM. It's a no from me if that's any indication of his character in the dressing room.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He is rubbish in every position he plays. It's an absolute no from me.

But that being said, Chuba Akpom won Championship Player of the year. So it's possible for a player to improve beyond belief in the right circumstances and if a player could be a success, it would be for this manager in our set up.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He is rubbish in every position he plays. It's an absolute no from me.

But that being said, Chuba Akpom won Championship Player of the year. So it's possible for a player to improve beyond belief in the right circumstances and if a player could be a success, it would be for this manager in our set up.
I still can’t believe Akpom gets paid to play football. He’s one of the worst players I’ve ever seen wear our shirt relative to the level we had them at.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I still can’t believe Akpom gets paid to play football. He’s one of the worst players I’ve ever seen wear our shirt relative to the level we had them at.
29 goals in 38 games this season!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
29 goals in 38 games this season!
Insanity, isn't it? If you'd told me 5 years ago that the bloke we got on loan from Arsenal to amble about up front, be in the wrong position most of the time, fail to trap a bag of sand and had the one of the worst eyes for goal I've seen would now be hot property as a genuine goalscorer, I'd have had you carted off to the loony bin.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
One of my footy teammates is a saints ST holder and said he has completely failed to live up to the expectations they had for him. This was maybe a couple of months ago but I'd be wary.

I actually thought he was a hugely promising wing/full back a few years back but he seems to think he is gods gift to the centre of midfield and seems to me like he would kick up all kinds of fuss at having to play anywhere other than CM. It's a no from me if that's any indication of his character in the dressing room.
I wouldn't judge any player by their performances at Southampton this season, it's been a total car crash.

He is a good player but needs to work out what his best position is and work on it and also settle at a team. I wouldn't be against signing him at all.

There are a few talented young players at Arsenal who really need to get settled at a club and play first team football I'd be keen on - Nketiah, Nelson, Balogun and AMN.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Still only 25.
I would be shocked ... and disappointed.

He would add nothing to our squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports