Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else have the sinking feeling that this is Gross’s last game for us too?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Gross clearly has had offers from Germany, and with rise into the national side, those offers will get harder and harder to turn down.

I'm feeling incredibly blue about it all at the moment and think we'll likely lose 3 or 4 regular starters before the start of next season.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Adam Lallana apparently wore the captain's armband yesterday, at Pascal's suggestion - to mark his last game for the club.

Given that Adam has been here five minutes, in comparison to Pascal himself, I hope this was because Pascal did NOT feel that he himself needed to mark the occasion in such a way.
Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
100% gone in my opinion. Think he’d obviously like to go back home and have a couple of seasons in the Bundesliga before he hangs his boots up.
I wouldn't say it's a done deal but there's certainly strong interest from Eintracht Frankfurt and now also Mainz. I think Bloom will likely wait to do a deal until after the Euros when his stock will be higher. Whilst he will be a massive loss, it makes sense to do a deal now rather than let his contract expire. I would expect Bloom will try to long it out, hopefully that way he gets some sort of testiomonial friendly match to say goodbye.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
The thing is, Gross isn't going to attract a big fee at his age. If there's one player who has earnt the right to see out his contract and leave on a free at the end of it, it's Pascal.

I don't think there's the imperative for the club to "cash in" like there would be if he was 5-10 years younger. So I reckon this literally comes down to what Gross wants to do and nothing else.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I wouldn't say it's a done deal but there's certainly strong interest from Eintracht Frankfurt and now also Mainz. I think Bloom will likely wait to do a deal until after the Euros when his stock will be higher. Whilst he will be a massive loss, it makes sense to do a deal now rather than let his contract expire. I would expect Bloom will try to long it out, hopefully that way he gets some sort of testiomonial friendly match to say goodbye.
I don't think we'll be asking for any big money for him, maybe something token. So I reckon his contract has nothing to do with it.

Tony will reason that if he wants to go it's the right thing to do to let him

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Adam Lallana apparently wore the captain's armband yesterday, at Pascal's suggestion - to mark his last game for the club.

Given that Adam has been here five minutes, in comparison to Pascal himself, I hope this was because Pascal did NOT feel that he himself needed to mark the occasion in such a way.
I saw that, as with Pascal its never about him.

Quite rare for a footballer, but he's rare in a lot of ways

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I think he will want to stay another season, he's clearly very fit, I'd expect that he wants to leave under slightly better on field memories than the last 3 months. There would still be loads of takers in Germany in a year, especially on a free.

Having said that we simply cannot go into next season with a first choice CM of Gilmour and Gross.

RDZ got the first sub wrong yesterday IMO and it cost us. If Lallana had to come off then the sub needed to be Gilmour on and move Pascal into Lallana's position. We completely lost control of the midfield once the headless chicken came on. I think if Gross stays then he should move back into the Lallana role further forward.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The thing is, Gross isn't going to attract a big fee at his age. If there's one player who has earnt the right to see out his contract and leave on a free at the end of it, it's Pascal.

I don't think there's the imperative for the club to "cash in" like there would be if he was 5-10 years younger. So I reckon this literally comes down to what Gross wants to do and nothing else.
Of course, it always comes down to what the player wants ultimately. Goes without saying.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Gross clearly has had offers from Germany, and with rise into the national side, those offers will get harder and harder to turn down.

I'm feeling incredibly blue about it all at the moment and think we'll likely lose 3 or 4 regular starters before the start of next season.
Why are you surprised ? That's what we do !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Agreed imo this won’t be down to money at all….its going to be up to PG ….a very unique player that will be hard to replace ..the player/person

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
I think he will want to stay another season, he's clearly very fit, I'd expect that he wants to leave under slightly better on field memories than the last 3 months. There would still be loads of takers in Germany in a year, especially on a free.

Having said that we simply cannot go into next season with a first choice CM of Gilmour and Gross.

RDZ got the first sub wrong yesterday IMO and it cost us. If Lallana had to come off then the sub needed to be Gilmour on and move Pascal into Lallana's position. We completely lost control of the midfield once the headless chicken came on. I think if Gross stays then he should move back into the Lallana role further forward.
Absolutely spot on re yesterday game

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings

So we arrange a friendly with Frankfurt?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If Gross wanted to go this summer, he would have announced it before Sunday.

However, this will come down to what the new manager wants.
Very few new managers have understood his value straight from the off.

It's possible that a new manager will not necessarily see the value in keeping an ageing, slow midfielder, who (lets be honest) hasn't set the world alight in the last 2 months.
PG may think, f*** this, I'm not doing this again and make other plans.

Toongull

Jul 25, 2008
Hadrian's Wall
I hope you’re right. I guess letting him run his contract down wouldn’t be the end of the world though as he didn’t cost a fortune. Definitely deserves a send off whenever he does go.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I've got a feeling Pascal is going to announce his departure just as Sunak calls an election tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here