Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Average Away Support in League One

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Posts above show this. Carlisle fans travel an average of 226 miles, wheras Walsall fans only have to travel 107 on average.

however, being a long way off does not make you a good fan. A good fan goes to away games (you could argue), so my last table compares where the club is in terms of away fan averages with how far they have to travel.

Leeds fans are the "best" in as much as they travel in big numbers even though they have to travel 140 miles to an average match. Brighton come next. and so on.

Actually, a very large proportion of Leeds fans live all over the country, so their distance is probably considerably less than 140 miles, and we're almost certainly top of the table!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
our away support has been pretty av for a while,i must admit i and 6/7 used to go every away game together,i now pick and choose,sign of the times im afraid

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
And BHA still aint played, stockport, hartlepool and carlisle..it'll go down after that.

Jimmy Grimble

Then back up after we play Orient, Swindon and Millwall.

We would have had another 300/400 at Southend if it was on a Saturday as well.

Good away support overall.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another thing to take into account is the number of fans who travel from the home town and local area of the club. If you excluded Brighton fans who live elsewhere around the country our away support would only be 500.

Jimmy Grimble

You're telling me over 500 fans who went to Southend didnt come from the Sussex area? :laugh:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're telling me over 500 fans who went to Southend didnt come from the Sussex area? :laugh:
Not for a friday evening game and a comparatively local game distance wise , it will be for those games such as Hartlepool , Carlisle and Stockport when our away following will have a large number of fans travelling from the Midlands , North and Scotland.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't care, just shows how shallow MK DONS fans are. I really have a dislike for this club, and hate everything they bloody stand for.

I think that is a pretty good average.

After the years of hate, I actually quite like MK Dons:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here