Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Match Revisited ITV4 10.30am

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Big Match Revisited always a joy. I find I do actually enjoy watching that football more than the present day stuff - and I frankly don't care if anybody thinks that's wrong or ridiculous!

Yep big league footie in those days was almost a different sport to the version being played today!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Palace bottom :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When l first read this post l thought to myself, crikey l didn't know March had been around for so long. :D

solly3.jpg

:wink:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Malcolm Poskett scoring the winner at Stamford Bridge,Nice!

What was Peter Mellor doing playing for Pompey?
No wonder they lost 3-0 :lolol:

Villa & Ipswich,the Big two

Jul 7, 2003
I'm intrigued by this Karcher WD5. Anyone got one?

Bought the WD2+ instead for £35. Very little difference apart from the 2+ is about half the price. Very good at clearing windows of condenation in the bathroom and also the conservatory.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I do recall the West Stand whingers- always moshing and groaning! Lol

25 years on and nothing changes, you could almost replicate that for the Amex.

The North Stand is still the North Stand, the West Stand is still the West Stand with it's share of moshers and groaners, (of which l am probably one!).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Big Match Revisited always a joy. I find I do actually enjoy watching that football more than the present day stuff - and I frankly don't care if anybody thinks that's wrong or ridiculous!

No I totally agree, I've said it before on these threads, I think MoTD suffers because it's actually two programmes in one. I like watching the football, but I am bored shitless by all the analysis. I only ever watch it when I've recorded it so I can fast-forward through the bits between the games. The Big Match on the other hand is just football, and is all the better for it IMO.

I accept there is a place for analysis and I'm sure all the budding football managers like it, but it leaves me cold. They should have it as a separate programme and let MoTD return to its roots of being a highlights show - and the more I watch 'Big Match Revisited' the more sure I am of this.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
No I totally agree, I've said it before on these threads, I think MoTD suffers because it's actually two programmes in one. I like watching the football, but I am bored shitless by all the analysis. I only ever watch it when I've recorded it so I can fast-forward through the bits between the games. The Big Match on the other hand is just football, and is all the better for it IMO.

I accept there is a place for analysis and I'm sure all the budding football managers like it, but it leaves me cold. They should have it as a separate programme and let MoTD return to its roots of being a highlights show - and the more I watch 'Big Match Revisited' the more sure I am of this.

Agree

Too much meaningless football in the modern game

Pass back,knock it sideways,oh and then pass back again

The goals at the ****ing other end of the pitch :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here