[Albion] Biss Back in the Blue?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

Surely if he's available we have to go get him???

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Definitely should go for this.

- Quality player
- Still popular with the fans
- No reason to think he isn't very fond of the club
- Desperately need more CMs, especially in his role
- He would fit in to this team like a glove
- Statement of intention for next season

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
‘Spurs could also sell Bissouma and Richarlison if the right offer comes along’

Richarlisons been their best player of late! And obviously I’d love him back but Bissouma is a starter when fit/not suspended. I’m going fake news
Biss has been a starter but most spurs would probably say his first season was underwhelming, and this season has been very up & down. First 10-15 games this season he was brilliant for them, but since then it’s been back to quite poor performances. I think they’re starting to get frustrated with him & if an offer came along might be tempted so they could use the money on someone else.

As much as I would love it, I can’t see him coming back at this point. It would an admission that his big club move didn’t work out. Much more likely is he tries to sidestep into roughly an equal size club but in another league, maybe a Marseille type.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
‘Spurs could also sell Bissouma and Richarlison if the right offer comes along’

Richarlisons been their best player of late! And obviously I’d love him back but Bissouma is a starter when fit/not suspended. I’m going fake news
Conte was the prat who said Bissouma was not up to the levels of Bentancur and Hojberg, and carried on playing them even when Spurs were getting over-run in midfield. Ange the Aussie came in and immediately recognised Biss's value, and has regularly played him.
Sure, they'll let him go at the right price - but it'll be a big price, because I don't think they want to move him on. We probably can't afford his wages now anyway (well, we can, but won't break our wage structure).

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Conte was the prat who said Bissouma was not up to the levels of Bentancur and Hojberg, and carried on playing them even when Spurs were getting over-run in midfield. Ange the Aussie came in and immediately recognised Biss's value, and has regularly played him.
Sure, they'll let him go at the right price - but it'll be a big price, because I don't think they want to move him on. We probably can't afford his wages now anyway (well, we can, but won't break our wage structure).
I think their want, or not, to sell him is a lot closer than you might think. He’s been playing this season but apart from the first 10-15 games not really showing enough quality. I know a fair few Spurs fans who had the same opinion as you in that they felt Conte didn’t use him appropriately, then loved him at the start of this season, but have since found his performances frustrating. Not enough consistent quality.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wasn't Baleba Bissouma"s replacement's replacement or something? I'd rather look forward, not back.

But if Biss could play alongside Baleba, who could learn from him, that would be more than agreeable.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it would be great but not realistic they'd let him go, or if they do, for the sort of price we pay.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Got West Ham and Everton written all over it.

Oh, and Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth and Fulham.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
How would you feel going back to an old job for less moneyWell quite. I'm sure Biss would see this as a backward step, returning whence he came after a big money move turned sour on him, as others have said his performances at Spurs have beenm largely underwhelming.

If he does move on l think his future will be elsewhere, on the Continent maybe?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
a few Spurs fans I know haven’t really rated him under Ange this season. Bit loose with passing or to many fouls, but he’s played the amount he has because they don’t really have anyone else better.

Probably makes sense if Spurs have genuine top 4 ambitions that whole centre midfield looks like it could do with an upgrade

I’d have him but it looks unlikely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports