Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cherry Picking?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Ok so the West Ham game has been and gone, but do you feel you cherry pick away games to go to? And if so why? I have to be selective over the away games I go to as I have 2 dogs and getting a dogsitter aint as easy as you would think. So for that reason I've only been to Yeovil, Doncaster, Bournemouth and West Ham, I went to a lot more last year. Just wondered what other reasons people had for cherry picking. Should also add I am an uber STH :lolol: Dont want this to turn into a I'm more deserving than you, was just curious

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I like cherries but prefer raspberries.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I tend to do grounds that are less than 2 hours drive away for me:

Oldham, Port Vale, Crewe, Forest, Cheaterfield, Northampton, Tranmere & Cheltenham were my "cherries" for this season.

Missed Forest as in Portugal on holiday and Cheltenham will likely clash with an early season cricket fixture - so just the half-dozen for me.

Will of course do Shrewsbury if we get them in the cup (only 15 mins for me) and a glory fan day out in Cardiff should we get there too.

** awaits "your not a real fan" sledge from a STH

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It depends on how much money I have.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The only away game I've been to this year was Bournemouth, does that count as cherry picking?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
well if i could afford it i would go to every away games, as would most brighton fans.

But ive been to - Nottingham Forest, Doncaster, Millwall (Paint Cup), Bournemouth, West Ham.

Ive tried to go to - Bristol, Millwall, Huddersfield, Bristol (Paint Cup). But for different reasons ive been unable to get to any of them.

But ive also been to some random matches for different reasons aswell - Palace v Coventry, Crawley v Oxford, Southend v Coventry, Cambridge v Crawley, Crawley v Lewes, Lewes v Oxford, Luton v Coventry and Oxford v Lewes.

For the rest of the season im hoping to go to - Bristol, Brentford, Gillingham, Blackpool, Northampton, Tranmere, Swansea, Cheltenham and Orient for when its re arranged. Chesterfield and Crewe are the only ones i am unlikely to attend, although i would like too.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
surrey jim said:
ditto, im suffering after christmas, no money:down:

I've been off work for 4 weeks, although I am on full money, I've spent over £200 on physio.
I can claim 50% of it back from my hospital fund.
We'd already paid for our Bristol City tickets so they're still valid.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am a bit like Shropshire to be honest, this season I have been to Forest, Yeovil, Bristol and Donny...all within a couple of hours, also plan to go to Northampton, Tranmere and Swansea. The other factor is that I often go with my brother, who lives near Coventry, so I usually confer with him on games that he wants to go to.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Kaz said:
Ok so the West Ham game has been and gone, but do you feel you cherry pick away games to go to? And if so why? I have to be selective over the away games I go to as I have 2 dogs and getting a dogsitter aint as easy as you would think.

Easy solution .... get rid of the dogs ...

Two benefits:
1) It will save you lots of money.
2) You can spend the money you save on going to lots more Albion games.
3) Your house will be cleaner and will smell a lot better!
4) You will no longer have to pick up dog shit when you take them out for walkies. I just cannot believe that people are prepared to do that ... plastic bag ... pick up lovely dollop of dog shit ... carry it around with you until you find somewhere to deposit it .... ugh!! You must have to really really love the smelly creatures to do that.

Sorry, that makes four benefits ...

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I tend to go to all the local awayers ie within 2 hours and then cherry pick maybe two or three longer distance ones each season, mainly those of grounds I've not been to or places where I have mates who live there.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
tinx said:
I tend to go to all the local awayers ie within 2 hours and then cherry pick maybe two or three longer distance ones each season, mainly those of grounds I've not been to or places where I have mates who live there.

That is usually the same for me, try and get a weekender away game each year. My hat off to people who go to all away games.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Kent Seagull said:
The only away game I've been to this year was Bournemouth, does that count as cherry picking?

Obviously too subtle for you lot!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will be going next week t'Chesterfield as first game of season due to the fact I have to work on Saturdays and have booked a weeks holiday. Asking for an individual Saturday off gets refused. The games I go to have to be within a 4 and a half hour train journey so there is a train service back home , as generally the very last train from Manchester Airport to Cleethorpes gets terminated at Sheffield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here