[Food] Child food hampers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You could be right! I don't have the answers, but the children who's parents spend food vouchers to feed their children on booze and cigarettes are probably not getting cared for very well anyway.

Personally I believe there's enough people on furlough that have signed up to be volunteers that haven't been called upon. Why don't they take it local, use local people and I'm sure supermarkets would help where the parents have a shopping list (limited choices but variances for differing dietary needs) that they can chose from to value of £30 this is then shopped for by the volunteers over night (when its quiet) delivered next day to the door. Bill from supermarket goes to the school to pay or whoever does it. Volunteers get their fuel bill paid or they use a school minibus, in fact local hire companies would probably help

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Life happens. You have a good job, both people earning good money, have a couple of kids, then maybe one walks out of the marriage, leaving a single parent with one wage, which is maybe only part time, or unfortunately dies. The kids shouldn’t suffer for something that isn’t their fault.
Many people are furloughed or have lost their jobs through this Covid crisis. Kids are already in this world, and struggling because they had the misfortune to be born when the patents could afford them.

You are missing the point and being sanctimonious with it.

This with bells on! How many times will people on this thread roll out the " don't have kids if you can't feed them " line. It's just so unforgiving of the harsh realities of life where things can change and a lot of genuine people need help.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This with bells on! How many times will people on this thread roll out the " don't have kids if you can't feed them " line. It's just so unforgiving of the harsh realities of life where things can change and a lot of genuine people need help.

Had a period of time when my wife was really suffering from her illness when we not only had give up our home as I run a pub our business as well. We had nothing, I was her carer and our children still in education we need benefits. Horrible truly horrible being constantly means tested and missing out on some until the last of our life saving had disappeared. Only when the stress of moving three times in as many years and finally having a settled home albeit privately rented and getting inheritance from my parents estate was I able to return into fulltime work with our daughter taking on the carers role.

Putting the scroungers and the fraudulent idiots to one side those honest people that have fallen on hard times deserve all the help they need. Normally though it's those people who are the last to ask.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Had a period of time when my wife was really suffering from her illness when we not only had give up our home as I run a pub our business as well. We had nothing, I was her carer and our children still in education we need benefits. Horrible truly horrible being constantly means tested and missing out on some until the last of our life saving had disappeared. Only when the stress of moving three times in as many years and finally having a settled home albeit privately rented and getting inheritance from my parents estate was I able to return into fulltime work with our daughter taking on the carers role.

Putting the scroungers and the fraudulent idiots to one side those honest people that have fallen on hard times deserve all the help they need. Normally though it's those people who are the last to ask.

Good for you to get through those difficult times. :clap2:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Be a responsible parent. Feed your kids. Make sacrifices of your own luxuries. Give up smoking and alcohol to provide your own nutritious food for the child you chose to have. Cancel that Sky subscription, cancel your season ticket. Suddenly you can afford to feed your kids. Funny how that works.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Be a responsible parent. Feed your kids. Make sacrifices of your own luxuries. Give up smoking and alcohol to provide your own nutritious food for the child you chose to have. Cancel that Sky subscription, cancel your season ticket. Suddenly you can afford to feed your kids. Funny how that works.

Maybe you should volunteer to work in a food bank and give out such wonderful advice.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

I've been running a food bank over the course of the Covid year and it has been an eye opening experience. I can safely say that your post is unmitigated rubbish, that you speak with zero experience of the subject, are susceptible to propaganda and are a fatuos chump.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Personally I believe there's enough people on furlough that have signed up to be volunteers that haven't been called upon. Why don't they take it local, use local people and I'm sure supermarkets would help where the parents have a shopping list (limited choices but variances for differing dietary needs) that they can chose from to value of £30 this is then shopped for by the volunteers over night (when its quiet) delivered next day to the door. Bill from supermarket goes to the school to pay or whoever does it. Volunteers get their fuel bill paid or they use a school minibus, in fact local hire companies would probably help
That would cost more money, create a lot of GDPR and safeguarding issues, require oversight so add more work to the school or LA and require volunteers spread all around country.
Maybe the companies paid to a job should all do a good job. And the majority do

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[tweet]1349402884140654592[/tweet]

irony is the parody fails to have many facts, running off the outrage whipped up instead.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I do find it fascinating that a good many people on alright money are fiercely debating (I don’t mean on NSC) what people on not alright money should eat and how they should get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

So let me just check your assumption there. Anyone entitled to a hamper must surely be spending any money they have on fags and alcohol? :ffsparr:

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
At the other end of the spectrum, Crispin Odey made £115m from the Coronavirus crash - without doing a thing!
https://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/news/odey-makes-115m-in-coronavirus-crash/a1339044

That's how hedge funds make money.

They make small incremental gains during steady years, then make a killing in the downturns. You think that's bad....i've seen some shady positioning from some hedge funds Odey's included on the day of the EU referendum and then pocket plenty from the following day.

One such fund has links to a man, who specifically declared at 11pm that remain had won the referendum.:dunce: hint, he's a brexiteer.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That's how hedge funds make money.

They make small incremental gains during steady years, then make a killing in the downturns. You think that's bad....i've seen some shady positioning from some hedge funds Odey's included on the day of the EU referendum and then pocket plenty from the following day.

One such fund has links to a man, who specifically declared at 11pm that remain had won the referendum.:dunce: hint, he's a brexiteer.

Add to that Odey's dubious tax status, and he won't be alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports