Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C'mon Eastbourne Borough!!

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Do us Proud and get through to the FA Cup 1st round for the first time ever.........home draw against a league team (preferably Forest!) would be nice,would be great to see the locals faces when hoards of football fans descend on our sleepy residential neighbourhood!

:D

Good luck to Lewes too.Their cup match is live on SCR today by the way.

C'mon Sussex football.

:clap:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Did you know that Borough don't like Lewes? Or so they have sung at the last two Lewes vs Borough games.

Talking to my Lewes fans mates, they do not give two shits about borough themselves more concerned with Bognor and Crawley.

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Wardywonderland said:
Did you know that Borough don't like Lewes? Or so they have sung at the last two Lewes vs Borough games.

Talking to my Lewes fans mates, they do not give two shits about borough themselves more concerned with Bognor and Crawley.

Lewes fans are just jealous because Eastbourne Borough have a proper football ground (i.e.terracing and cover on all four sides of the ground) and Lewes have a ground resembling something out of Sussex County League Division 3!!

:p

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Dripping Pan will be good when it's finished. Fact.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
If you read the club website there is always a really friendly write-up for Lewes. Also a lot of Borough fans have been known to watch Lewes at home when Eastbourne are away, which has caused some controversy.

Now the clubs are in the same league the rivalry will naturally intensify. But Borough don't "hate" Lewes. Annoying that we can't seem to beat them though!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Monkey Man said:

Now the clubs are in the same league the rivalry will naturally intensify. But Borough don't "hate" Lewes. Annoying that we can't seem to beat them though!

I beg to differ. My mate is a season ticket holder at Lewes and I went the the New Years day game and the Sussex Senior Cup game last season and the Borough boys were all singing We Hate Lewes, to the same tune that we sing We hate palace.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:

:clap:
As long as they don't stop you taking the drink out onto the terraces.

The mighty Rooks hate Eastbourne Borough?

Why hate a team that you ALWAYS beat? Four times last season, as I recall.

Makes no sense.

A victory at Cambridge, followed by a first round draw against Eastbourne Borough will shoe Lewes straight into the second round.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Lord Bracknell said:
The mighty Rooks hate Eastbourne Borough?

Why hate a team that you ALWAYS beat? Four times last season, as I recall.

Makes no sense.

A victory at Cambridge, followed by a first round draw against Eastbourne Borough will shoe Lewes straight into the second round.

My point was that Lewes do not give a flying toss about Eastbourne, because has you say they always beat them. They just find it funny that Eastbourne hate them.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I will be off to Bishops Cleeve this afternoon to represent NSC and cheer on the Borough, I will try and get a report of the game on here before 6PM, just in case anyone is vaguely interested. Can't really profess to be an Eastbourne fan, have only ever been there twice, but when it means there might be a Sussex team making it through to the first round proper it would be rude not to offer my support.

...incidentally, when it comes to non-league in Sussex I am more of a Horsham fan.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I can't really imagine the Eastbourne support chanting
"WE HATE LEWES, AND WE HATE LEWES.............

raging%20grannies.jpg

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The Orange Seagull said:
Lewes fans are just jealous because Eastbourne Borough have a proper football ground (i.e.terracing and cover on all four sides of the ground) and Lewes have a ground resembling something out of Sussex County League Division 3!!

:p

Thats better than withdean!:lolol:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
dougdeep said:

When will it be finished? Someone told me that cow shed was coming down this month but it doesn't look like anythings going on there.

Lewes have a ground resembling something out of Sussex County League Division 3!!

How many County League Div 3 grounds have you been to?! Lewes is far superior to any of them.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bakesy said:
I can't really imagine the Eastbourne support chanting
"WE HATE LEWES, AND WE HATE LEWES.............

raging%20grannies.jpg

Raging Grannies? Can I join in?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here