Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coach Travel To The Amex?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I'm thinking of booking on one of the coaches for next seasons home matches. This year we have either used park and ride or walked from parking in Coldean. Have looked into the coaches (would use the one that picks up in Findon Valley as its a 2 min walk from our front door) - whats the general concensus on these?

Anyone else on here use the Findon bus or one or the others? It does seem a little steep at £154 per adult and £50 for my boy so for 3 of us its over £350!!! I thought the prices might be coming down seeinmg that the season ticket costs have gone up to include a travel allowance but these seem to be the listed prices for 2012-2013??? Was it worth it this season?

Obviously the convenience and petrol saving comes into it but it still seems steep for 23 home games.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I used a coach for all the games last season. Convenient but limits what you can do.
I'd like to stay behind for a pint now and then but you don't get the time as the coach wants to leave.

I stayed behind after the last game and caught the train home, wasn't too bad but I imagine it's a nightmare if you are on a tight schedule to get away.
So for ease and convenience it's worth it. If you want the full AMEX, before and after experience it is a no no.

Think I paid £90 last year, travelling from Lancing.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
£6-70 return per game seems bloody cheap to me from Findon, door to door.
I think most coaches arrive about an hour before kick off and leave 30 mins after the final whistle.
Depends what you want.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I realise £6-7 return isn't much but when there's 3 of you it's a £360 outlay up front which is the same as a uni parking space!
I thought the prices might be reduced what with the additional travel costs on the ST?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I realise £6-7 return isn't much but when there's 3 of you it's a £360 outlay up front which is the same as a uni parking space!
I thought the prices might be reduced what with the additional travel costs on the ST?

The increase to season tickets has nothing to do with seagulls travel from what im aware of, the extra £30 pays for P&R, Trains & buses (the club still put a hell of alot towards them all as this comes nowhere near covering it all.)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I used Seagull Travel coaches to and from all evening games - it's a great service. I use the one that picks up at the North Star pub in Worthing. The only problem was caused by the traffic snarl up in front of Sussex Uni, but the police presence more recently has sorted that out.

The increase to season tickets has nothing to do with seagulls travel from what im aware of, the extra £30 pays for P&R, Trains & buses (the club still put a hell of alot towards them all as this comes nowhere near covering it all.)

Add to these the cost of the "charges" incurred by the Albion for this season's on-street parking on matchdays in Coldean and Moulsecoomb (£150K?), together with any additional set-up and the annual running costs for the two Controlled Parking Zones that are one of the trade offs for yesterday's planning approvals.

The price of the university parking permits is being reduced next season, Martin Perry confirmed this again at yesterday's Planning Committee meeting. No figure has been announced as yet.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I used Seagull Travel coaches to and from all evening games - it's a great service. I use the one that picks up at the North Star pub in Worthing. The only problem was caused by the traffic snarl up in front of Sussex Uni, but the police presence more recently has sorted that out.

They are excellent for evening games - having also tried other methods for evening games - it makes it easy getting there of course - but the real benefit is after the game. I never want to hang around after an evening game.

NODC

Apr 19, 2012
I've used seagull travel this year and in the main i've been very happy i'm also considering not using them for next season.

The main reason being:
• the price it’s going to be £190 for me next season and I believe even on my own with the park and ride being included in my season ticket I can drive cheaper.
• Flexibility, mainly for evening games it has been tight on occasions getting back from work in time for the pick up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here