Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cycle storage at Falmer

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think it would be far-sighted if the Club could somehow encourage greater levels of cycling by adding credit to swipe cards for anybody arriving at the stadium by bike. Anything that will reduce pressure on trains and buses has to be welcomed.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I was having a mooch round up there the other day and noticed that there are a whole bunch of Cycle racks under the new footbridge, on the South side of the railway. I wasn't sure if this was the 'official' stadium bike park but it looked like there was room for a fair few bikes.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think it would be far-sighted if the Club could somehow encourage greater levels of cycling by adding credit to swipe cards for anybody arriving at the stadium by bike. Anything that will reduce pressure on trains and buses has to be welcomed.

Brilliant you could get say 2points for everybike you 'check in' that'd help people perhaps decided to cycle.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The new racks have been installed and tested.
Seems to be working OK.

full-bike-rack.jpg

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
For those that are interested this is taken from the Supporters Club Newsletter (July) ...

'Bikes – there are lots of bike-parking stands, most of them sadly of the “butterfly” type which do not support bikes, do not accept two-inch mountain bike tyres, and allow only wheels to be locked to them. There are a few of the much-preferred “Sheffield” stands under the new footbridge over the railway. What a sad situation that a first-class stadium is equipped mainly with third-class bike stands! There is, though, a good cycle route along Lewes Road (from both directions) and via the subway/footbridge at Falmer Station.'

These are similar to the type outside the stadium on the concourse.

images

I noticed there were MOTORCYCLES parked right in front of the bike racks, which prevented easy reach to all the available racks.
I hope there will not be those, on a matchday, as it will seriously cut down the number of slots for cycles.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Without some security I won't risk leaving mine out even if locked up. I can just imagine returning to your bike after a match and finding it minus a wheel or buckled from some idiot jumping on it.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I did a test cycle yesterday from Lewes to Falmer again at a very slow pace and I mean slow. Took me about 45 minutes to get to The Swan Inn at Falmer.
Also last time I went, I never noticed the footbridge LOL that gets you in to Falmer village. It means you just have to cross the road by the Farm Shop.

The way back was only 20 mins as its slightly down hill. Definitely worth considering for those who just want to get going after the match.

I did a test cycle yesterday from Lewes to Falmer again at a very slow pace and I mean slow. Took me about 45 minutes to get to The Swan Inn at Falmer.
Also last time I went, I never noticed the footbridge LOL that gets you in to Falmer village. It means you just have to cross the road by the Farm Shop.

The way back was only 20 mins as its slightly down hill. Definitely worth considering for those who just want to get going after the match.

45 minutes? Have you only got one leg? Well done cycling though. Great Exercise, great fun and green. I don't know whether the club should give loyalty points for those cycling to the stadium but providing oxygen cylinders would be a good idea!!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
45 minutes? Have you only got one leg? Well done cycling though. Great Exercise, great fun and green. I don't know whether the club should give loyalty points for those cycling to the stadium but providing oxygen cylinders would be a good idea!!

No I was with my wife lol. I can average around 10-15mph usually, so it will be a lot quicker on the real run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here