[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just seen rumours that Forrest are interested in Connolly - that would be funny if true. May have to put up with just the two!

Pretty sure the rumours being touted are only down to the Hughton connection. Can't see this happening unless we do have a couple of surprises arriving tomorrow.

Don't forget the Maupay to Everton chat, too.

All is on course.

We now just need is Welbz to develop his regular long-term injury, and then we can spend the season with DJ Strollabout as our sole striker.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Benfica make a lot of money from transfers but it’s not been so good since the pandemic.

“By June 2017, Benfica had earned €617 million from player transfers since the 2010/11 season, more than any other club in the world.”*

Net profit on transfer business**
17/18 +£114m
18/19 +£41m
19/20 +£157m
20/21 -£25m
21/22 +£20m

It’s almost as if the club is set up to purchase, develop and then sell players and it’s mission statement is to solely make huge profits rather than to run a sporting entertainment business and make fans happy?

At a club where every player is for sale, it seems unusual to negotiate with them until the last day of the transfer window unless, of course, you know that you have to buy, but that also, the seller has to sell. You can then take negotiations to the wire.

*wiki
**transfermarkt

Outside your island and the big fat island where they call the sport soccer, I think its called football club.

Anyway, some 15-20 years ago their president said they would win the CL and borrowed a shit load of money and they had a debt of over £300m at some point.

Reality came along and they have been paying off for the last few years with the president stating "we wont stop selling until the debt is under control", reducing it with about half. Portugal is also home of some of the most shady football business and their president got arrested ( this summer, charged with fraud, money laundrey, tax evasion and similar, so they have a new president now and he will probably be monitored a bit closer.

Money has definitely ended up here and there but I doubt there's been "huge profits" for anyone.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Outside your island and the big fat island where they call the sport soccer, I think its called football club.

Anyway, some 15-20 years ago their president said they would win the CL and borrowed a shit load of money and they had a debt of over £300m at some point.

Reality came along and they have been paying off for the last few years with the president stating "we wont stop selling until the debt is under control", reducing it with about half. Portugal is also home of some of the most shady football business and their president got arrested ( this summer, charged with fraud, money laundrey, tax evasion and similar, so they have a new president now and he will probably be monitored a bit closer.

Money has definitely ended up here and there but I doubt there's been "huge profits" for anyone.

agents? ???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I was talking about profits on transfers not overall bottom line. I was well aware that they recently got their club debt under £400m which was seen as a great achievement. I’m also sure that the folk making those deals happen (not just the agents) are taking some big bits of the pie.

The thrust is, if you wave millions and millions at them, they’ll take it.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I cannot understand how we have managed to chase the same player now for 2 ENTIRE summer windows and not only fail to sign hi but to actually strengthen that area. Its such a shame no one in the media actually ever asks searching questions about why we never seem to sign a striker? They are not all ridiculously priced, and can be bought eventually (look at Palace) we just seem to be hell bent on sending everyone out on loan and not appreciating that the THREE strikers we have left hardly score many goals at the best of times.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Important word in Naylors tweet, POTENTIAL, yes potentially, if we don't sign anyone bar Cucurella, if, IF we do sign Sima then loan him out.

Naylor is fishing, don't bite, and he still hasn't said interest in Nuñez is finished.

edchan102

Aug 21, 2020
Important word in Naylors tweet, POTENTIAL, yes potentially, if we don't sign anyone bar Cucurella, if, IF we do sign Sima then loan him out.

Naylor is fishing, don't bite, and he still hasn't said interest in Nuñez is finished.

Seems too optimistic. But, still hope you're right.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Yes, I think he is. He got some abuse yesterday and called a fan out for being rude on his Twitter. We know he can be vindictive, I think he is enjoying seeing some fans lose it at the thought of being a bit thin on top this season.

He’ll have asked about Nuñez multiple times, the club will tell him when they are happy it’s all over.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

A blatant wind-up text from Naylor.
Disrespects fans and way too far up his own backside

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't get the need to keep having a go at Naylor.

Sure, Dean Hammond wasn't "the one we'd all been waiting for" and he really needs to avoid commenting on fans views - which may be made in the heat of the moment - but the group slag-off is always a bit unsavoury.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Sure, Dean Hammond wasn't "the one we'd all been waiting for" and he really needs to avoid commenting on fans views - which may be made in the heat of the moment - but the group slag-off is always a bit unsavoury.

It goes both ways

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Some people take what they see on Twatter WAAAAAAY too seriously!

He's just doing his job and people are reading something into nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports