Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm genuinely disappointed. We have discussed this time and time again. It is reasonable (even though I disagree with it) to argue. as a US citizen, that Trump is less senile than Biden and will waste less of my taxes, and will probably cut taxes so he gets my vote. But to back up this narrow but legitimate view with f***ing fake news websites is not a good look. It's the sort of look that graced Das Reich when he was allowed to post his nonsense on NSC. A poor look. A very poor look indeed.

Its impossible to get to the facts of the matter in the senility debate...there is no way of medically or reasonably measuring it, so these fake news sites will dive head first into their "truths" and people who take is as truth are simply foolish and hoodwinked by the whole thing...

I liked this article, which has some useful observations to ponder and shows how this "seniliity vs box of frogs" is being used...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its impossible to get to the facts of the matter in the senility debate...there is no way of medically or reasonably measuring it, so these fake news sites will dive head first into their "truths" and people who take is as truth are simply foolish and hoodwinked by the whole thing...

I liked this article, which has some useful observations to ponder and shows how this "seniliity vs box of frogs" is being used...

When I say 'senility' I should remember to put it in quote marks.

There is no way the people who occupy the corridors of power would allow a senile man to make decisions about US governance. Slurring words does not mean senility.

However the various charges that Trump faces, and his general demeanour, reflect an active, malign and corrupt mind.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
When I say 'senility' I should remember to put it in quote marks.

There is no way the people who occupy the corridors of power would allow a senile man to make decisions about US governance. Slurring words does not mean senility.

However the various charges that Trump faces, and his general demeanour, reflect an active, malign and corrupt mind.

There are quite a few articles which seem to suggest Biden is surrounded by one of the most clever teams in a very long time. Similar to Obama. Bring in the experts. Not sure Trump has the ability to spot an expert when he himself seems to think he is one on most topics. Drinking bleach for instance.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
There are quite a few articles which seem to suggest Biden is surrounded by one of the most clever teams in a very long time. Similar to Obama. Bring in the experts. Not sure Trump has the ability to spot an expert when he himself seems to think he is one on most topics. Drinking bleach for instance.
The first thing Trump did when he was elected in 2016 was to sack all the experts and handed out key WH positions to members of his family (and Sreve Bannon!)

Drinking bleach, predicting hurricanes with sharpie science - It was literally a Presidency of painting by numbers by a colour blind narcissist!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Out of interest, could you explain the specific reason why Michael Cohen was convicted of perjury, and why he says he did it?
As @lasvegan didn't reply to this particular question, I will. Cohen was convicted of lying to Congress when he told them that the deal to build Trump Tower Moscow ended in January 2016, when actually it ended in June 2016. He did this in order to be 'consistent with Trump's "repeated disavowals of commercial and political ties between himself and Russia" and out of loyalty to Trump.'

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Pjmedia - a right wing ( their words not mine), subscription based platform. Hardly a valid source of news. Subscription based as no one will destroy their brand by advertising with them.
Babylonbee which is another of your sources describes itself as Conservative, Christian satirical website.
Either you are a WUM or just a weapons grade idiot, normally I always go with the former at times like this as no one can be that stupid ….but with you Im not so sure.
Is a left wing site, that everyone on this thread uses as their source of information, an equally invalid source of news? I post right opinions because I’m not left wing. Is that not reasonable you you?

The Babylon Bee (“Fake News You Can Trust”) is satire, go ahead and read The Onion if you so wish.

I’d rather be a weapons grade idiot than a weapons grade twat. Lighten up…

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Pjmedia - a right wing ( their words not mine), subscription based platform. Hardly a valid source of news. Subscription based as no one will destroy their brand by advertising with them.
Babylonbee which is another of your sources describes itself as Conservative, Christian satirical website.
Either you are a WUM or just a weapons grade idiot, normally I always go with the former at times like this as no one can be that stupid ….but with you Im not so sure.
Your point about biased news sources is valid but the personal barbs are a bit harsh aren’t they? Afaik @lasvegan hasn’t attacked any of us personally for expressing left wing views or citing left wing sources.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The first thing Trump did when he was elected in 2016 was to sack all the experts and handed out key WH positions to members of his family (and Sreve Bannon!)

Drinking bleach, predicting hurricanes with sharpie science - It was literally a Presidency of painting by numbers by a colour blind narcissist!
Exactly, the last thing Trump wants is to be surrounded by is experts - he wants to plough his own ditch whenever he wants

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Is a left wing site, that everyone on this thread uses as their source of information, an equally invalid source of news? I post right opinions because I’m not left wing. Is that not reasonable you you?

The Babylon Bee (“Fake News You Can Trust”) is satire, go ahead and read The Onion if you so wish.

I’d rather be a weapons grade idiot than a weapons grade twat. Lighten up…
I think I may have hit a nerve. My post has not been wasted.
You can be as right wing as you want, just try and use a source that hasn’t had its brain fried.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Your point about biased news sources is valid but the personal barbs are a bit harsh aren’t they? Afaik @lasvegan hasn’t attacked any of us personally for expressing left wing views or citing left wing sources.
I posted that normally I assume that the OP is a wind up merchant , however I wasn’t convinced. The fact that he assumed the title of weapons grade idiot is down to him not me.
Fox News is fine but don’t quote from right wing subscription websites most likely frequented by racist, white supremicists and there ilk.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Never, does that bother you?

You have to wonder why it bothers you if it do
Nah, you go ahead mate - it just looks weird that you spend most of your time on NSC counting to 500,000, talking to yourself at length on your own thread and then jumping into threads to make random personal barbs at people you haven’t even been engaging with is all.

I thought I was the resident ‘Care in the Community’ poster child on NSC but you seem to be challenging me for that enviable position 😜

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Nah, it just looks weird that you spend most of your time on NSC counting to 500,000, talking to yourself on a thread and then jumping into threads to make random personal barbs at people you haven’t even been engaging with.

It’s a little odd that’s all.

I thought I was the resident ‘Care in the Community’ poster child on NSC but you seem to be challenging me for that enviable position 😜

There's always room for more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here