Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He was poor but Enciso v Villa looked much much worse and did you never turn up when Jahanbaksh or Locadia played?
No comparison with those. If my memory serves me last player I saw so lost in a game was i think his name was Fenlon Taken of at half time and not seen again

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
He was wide on the right completely unmarked in plenty of space on a number of occasions first half, the players failed to pass the ball to him, always looking through the middle or wide left to Mitoma, a complete waste as Buonanotte showed he can be very effective wide vs Man United.
I don’t know how much of that was against Buonanotte though, I think they wanted to target Patterson on the right, as Mitoma did well against him in the first game. Mitoma wasn’t having the same luck against him last night though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It took quite a while for Macallister to adjust to the speed and physical challenges of the EPL before he became a first choice. Similarly, I think Facundo will take time to come good. He’s probably been thrown in too early.
I think that comparison with the similarly aged Enciso is better. He signed in time to do a full pre season, but didn't make his debut for 4 months (Chelsea?) and it's taken a good 7-8 months of weight training and whey protein for him to be physically ready to play an effective starting role. Goodnight has only been with us 3 months, so it's certainly a lot to expect of an 18 year old no matter how talented he is.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He is quite possibly going to be the best player we've ever had. I don't think he looks any worse than MacAllister did when he first played for us, and that was in a worse team and he was 3 years younger.

He's clearly not quite at the level of some of our starting players yet, but unless he is genuinely going to be the next Messi or Ronaldo then of course he wouldn't be. He needs minutes and development, which is what he is getting, so people need to accept that if we are going to create a genuine superstar out of him, then he's going to have a few ropey games along the way.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
With a player, this young and this inexperienced, you need to manage his transition to top level football.

Bring him in, for 20 mins here and there. The odd start, then bring him out, explaining why. We're putting him in like we're relying on him. It's way too much pressure to put on an 18 year old.

I also believe he should be gong off the play under 20 international football

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If he doesn't get the ball je can't do anything. Numerous times he was in space when Webster had the ball bit he clearly never looks to his right, possibly one of the reasons he ws taken off.
Exactly, the number of times Webster got to outside of Evertons box and didn't know what to do with the ball as to be fair, there was no movement ahead of him. However Facundo was always in acres of space, appeared the players didn't trust him to have the ball. Everton could see that so left him alone to close down all of the space to the left. We lose the ball and they go up the other end and score. Dyche won the tactical battle. Hopefully the players and De Zerbi will learn a lot from this loss.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He's not ready and too much is being asked of him at the moment. Enciso has been tearing it up lately

Hope De Zerbi learns from this. Team selection was wrong and it cost us but we move on

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The fact the players didn't pass to him says all you need to know. They don't think he's ready. On the whole we are excellent at managing every aspect of our young players careers but I do think we need to be careful not to put so much burden on certain youngsters. Someone like Weir, you'd imagine, would be far closer to being ready to deal with the immense physical and emotional pressure of playing regularly in this league. We need to be a club that both provides a sensible long term pathway and offers a real chance of the most talented youngsters being involved in the squad, but we must be aware that most aren't going to be ready. Probably only Ferguson and Enciso genuinely are currently.
He's clearly a very talented kid but I think on this one we probably got it wrong not sending off to play for Argentina. He could have gone to that tournament, been one of its stars and come back absolutely buzzing. Instead he's been hooked at half time in our worst home defeat for a very long time. Yes he'll learn from it but at what cost?
But then who else do we play? It's a balancing act, it's not easy, and we do it get right more often than not, but we also need to be realistic (club and fans).
Having someone like Milner, and maybe another couple of more seasoned pros for next season, will definitely help.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Maybe, just maybe, we struggled without a "proper" right back - tactically, that was what Dyche will have planned for. We were very weak down that side defensively - lack of pace, strength and defensive know-how. I completely agree that in the first half, it was clear that Everton were not bothered about his beating the full-back on the outside with pace or strength, so letting him come inside to the traffic. Similarly, when Gross joined, being very happy to cut the pass and make him come back inside.. that's a more feasible plan rather than our lads collectively deciding that they couldn't trust Buonanotte. See the difference with March - Mykelenko had a far more torrid time, dragged players out and created more space for Gross and we looked more threatening.

I think RDZ has to consider his choices here.. hindsight and all that, but Webster at right back would have been a stronger choice and more of a match-up against two physically strong players on the Everton left.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Shock horror - abundantly talented, but callow prospect struggles to have impact in a game where pretty much everything around him was off.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I doubt anyone saw us conceding after 30 seconds... that knocked the stuffing out of us and filled Everton with belief. What now looks like a rubbish plan from de Zerbi, would have looked very different without the shock of that first goal.

These things happen and as disappointing as it is, I am still pinching myself that it's May and we've only just had the last remaining hope of a Champions League spot extinguished. How very Brighton that it happened against a bottom 6 team rather than someone actually good.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No wonder they didnt pass to him. Passes are made to wide players in hope they create something all they did last night was get the ball back. May have have made mistakes but at least Mitoma tried to create.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
No wonder they didnt pass to him. Passes are made to wide players in hope they create something all they did last night was get the ball back. May have have made mistakes but at least Mitoma tried to create.
Our best chance in the first half came from a great ball from Buonanotte to the back post, Mitoma squared and Welbeck got his shot blocked.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The fact the players didn't pass to him says all you need to know. They don't think he's ready. On the whole we are excellent at managing every aspect of our young players careers but I do think we need to be careful not to put so much burden on certain youngsters. Someone like Weir, you'd imagine, would be far closer to being ready to deal with the immense physical and emotional pressure of playing regularly in this league. We need to be a club that both provides a sensible long term pathway and offers a real chance of the most talented youngsters being involved in the squad, but we must be aware that most aren't going to be ready. Probably only Ferguson and Enciso genuinely are currently.
He's clearly a very talented kid but I think on this one we probably got it wrong not sending off to play for Argentina. He could have gone to that tournament, been one of its stars and come back absolutely buzzing. Instead he's been hooked at half time in our worst home defeat for a very long time. Yes he'll learn from it but at what cost?
But then who else do we play? It's a balancing act, it's not easy, and we do it get right more often than not, but we also need to be realistic (club and fans).
Having someone like Milner, and maybe another couple of more seasoned pros for next season, will definitely help.
Shouldn't be up to the players, the manager has picked him so they should have been using him and he was in some good positions. Regards letting him go - last night showed the squad is struggling with injuries with games coming thick and fast. Sarmiento would be the one to have been playing but he is injured, if veltman or lamptey were fit they would play and gross would be in midfield. We needed him to stay Webster (and Gross?) ignoring him was just bad play from them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It looks to me that the other players don't trust him (yet) as there was plenty of times he was free and the others passed across the back or middle towards the left. Was the same on Thursday when nearly every attack went down the left side.
Think players ignoring someone picked by the manager is fundamentally wrong.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
With a player, this young and this inexperienced, you need to manage his transition to top level football.

Bring him in, for 20 mins here and there. The odd start, then bring him out, explaining why. We're putting him in like we're relying on him. It's way too much pressure to put on an 18 year old.

I also believe he should be gong off the play under 20 international football
The squad is thread bear at the moment - he did as much as Wellbeck and Undav with a lot less of the ball.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Great potential, no doubt he will be a very good player in another year or two, but yesterday was not the game to start him in. He’s needs to be eased into things. He’s still learning the game, and because of his age is a little lightweight against the more physical sides. Enciso or March starting instead would have made us far more effective going forward.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The standard is set so high with many other quality players that it's only natural that some others will not hit those heights. So I think it's a little unfair that FB is seemingly being almost written off by some posters.

Also, quite why there are posts about Undav's performances in a thread that's nothing to do with him is a little odd, too. No, he's not the most technically gifted player in the squad and is obviously a confidence player, but people (mostly in the ground last night, to be fair) blaming him for EVERYTHING that went wrong last night – even after he'd been subbed! – was just pathetic. Get behind ALL the players in the squad FFS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here